The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > The Coachbuilt forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where do we start......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sventhrusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where do we start......
    Posted: 05 Apr 07 at 23:59

I've got one and there seem to be more each day....so heres mine

and the Gipsy that started it all for me....Tracksuit man(Rich's).

And the essential link for all things Pikey.....

http://www.karmann-gipsy.de.tf/

now lowered with caravelle bumper

Martin

Edited by sventhrusta
sventhrusta View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sventhrusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 07 at 00:01
And btw Thanks for the opportunity Simon.

Edited by sventhrusta
DaveDogsDad View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDogsDad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 07 at 00:26
..... its not a brick .... it more of a breezeblock ..... or a reclaimed brick with lots of cement still stuck on it.... and sod driving it in a cross wind ........... no offence meant of course .... horses for courses and all that ..... if i had 1 Dave would be up in that bit above the cab shouting his head off and shoving out a curly ........ an it does look well kinky with the gimp mask ....

Edited by DaveDogsDad
Davedogsdad.an Dave..wooof wooof.. Bark it up for the Romford Posseeeee....
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 07 at 01:14

Gipsy's and Cheetah's are ace.....if you want to stick to a camping based T3 but tin tops,pop tops,high tops,awnings etc don't just do it for you and you like "roughing it"(shower)you canny beat a Gipo or a Cheetah.

Apart from the wood rot of course.

Edited by g60steve
retrosteve View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retrosteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 07 at 07:49

here is mine ..

its an 87 turbo diesel (jx) ...  soon to be quicker...

i have done some things to it as you can see.. but mainly used it as a shed and crashed into the odd tree or two ..  i love it ,but just want it to be quicker .. and  it bloody better be  

retrosteve is steve walker ..who also is www.eastfalia.com 01932 873493/ 07974579667- t3 westfalia sales/service/parts... surrey england - koln germany
famous phil View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote famous phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 07 at 08:14
i'm on the look out for one ,,,, very nice   
Prototype automotive engineering design and development
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sventhrusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 07 at 08:21
Originally posted by DaveDogsDad DaveDogsDad wrote:

..... its not a brick .... it more of a breezeblock ..... or a reclaimed brick with lots of cement still stuck on it.... and sod driving it in a cross wind ........... no offence meant of course .... horses for courses and all that ..... if i had 1 Dave would be up in that bit above the cab shouting his head off and shoving out a curly ........ an it does look well kinky with the gimp mask ....
Have you ever actually driven one....mine now its lowered etc handles better than my bay and my father in laws high top T3.
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sventhrusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 07 at 13:22
Originally posted by retrosteve retrosteve wrote:

here is mine ..

its an 87 turbo diesel (jx) ...  soon to be quicker...

i have done some things to it as you can see.. but mainly used it as a shed and crashed into the odd tree or two ..  i love it ,but just want it to be quicker .. and  it bloody better be  

What you putting in it-oettinger(sp)?or just a bigger oil burner.
retrosteve View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retrosteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 07 at 22:27

bigger diesel .. mit intercooler teknic

although, every day i get some idea or other.. and every day it gets closer to the show season ......

the parts are gathering dust nicely though

retrosteve is steve walker ..who also is www.eastfalia.com 01932 873493/ 07974579667- t3 westfalia sales/service/parts... surrey england - koln germany
disco stew View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disco stew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 07 at 08:03
Here's mine, we're off to Wales in a  minute so if you hear about slow moving traffic on the M56 this morning, you'll know why!

I prefer splits
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disco stew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 07 at 08:04
I prefer splits
alexb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 07 at 08:47

well heres mine

Before it had its engine transplant - this was the way i ran it for 2 years after dragging it out of Busbodies yard where it had sat rotting

Heres a pic of it after a good clean and machine polish - but prior to getting its roof repainted

Then last winter it got a new genuine watercooled front panel to replace the only rusty panel on the van and a total conversion over to watercooling

Edited by alexb
alexb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 07 at 08:55

It was then fitted with a freshly built 3.5 rover v8 (and a few nice tuning bits)

which then did this to 4th gear (and broke the diff in the process)

However its now got a rebuilt box by dave at shiplake motors and has since been down the strip at bugjam (19.3 quarter - track temp 35 degrees - I am sure it could have got into the 18s on a cooler day) and it has been to spa and back happily

Jobs for this season are to fit some decent suspension (at last) and fit the porsche front brakes so i can go porsche stud pattern on the front and lose the adaptors (and tuck the front wheels a bit better)

I like to think its gradually evolving for the better - an it now uses LESS fuel with the V8 than it did with the old (rebuilt) 2.0 Cu motor - plus it will cruise happily at 80 and if necessary (on the autobahn obviously) run off the end of the speedo

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sventhrusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 07 at 09:57
Originally posted by alexb alexb wrote:

It was then fitted with a freshly built 3.5 rover v8 (and a few nice tuning bits)

which then did this to 4th gear (and broke the diff in the process)

However its now got a rebuilt box by dave at shiplake motors and has since been down the strip at bugjam (19.3 quarter - track temp 35 degrees - I am sure it could have got into the 18s on a cooler day) and it has been to spa and back happily

Jobs for this season are to fit some decent suspension (at last) and fit the porsche front brakes so i can go porsche stud pattern on the front and lose the adaptors (and tuck the front wheels a bit better)

I like to think its gradually evolving for the better - an it now uses LESS fuel with the V8 than it did with the old (rebuilt) 2.0 Cu motor - plus it will cruise happily at 80 and if necessary (on the autobahn obviously) run off the end of the speedo

Thats some work there mate-any issues with cooling?I dont know ,but somebody'll have the bright idea of racing these next and calling it buses with attitude or bogs-or has it already been done! 
rozzolink View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rozzolink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 07 at 21:21

they all look as cool as fook.

are there many for sale?

i want 1

Edited by rozzolink
our bus still smells of the hewitt arms bonfire
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sventhrusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 07 at 23:33
There was 741 gipsys ,113 cheetahs and about 50 syncro gipsys built so  get one while they're still cheap/available.
marmite ontoast View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marmite ontoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 07 at 22:29

here's mine,

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disco stew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 07 at 20:39
What are the TDs like to drive in comparison with an air-cooled?
I prefer splits
mazz View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 07 at 22:38
still slooooow but at least you get 28 to 32mpg your lucky to get that out of a normal petrol T3
Devamatt View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devamatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 07 at 07:46
Here's mine :) Although the front windows have been tinted since this was taken!

Was nice to meet some of you at Bus Types, I have to Martin's bus is probably the cleanest I have seen in the flesh at the mo!!!

VW Coachbuilt Display at Deva
Fri 12th - Sun 14th June 2008 Shrewsbury Showground
www.DevaDubShow.co.uk

Compare Car Insurance Quotes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>