The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

swivel chair base

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richbrowning63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: swivel chair base
    Posted: 10 Mar 10 at 12:36
I have a T3 and the seats are not original so have come to fit a T3 swivel base and the gliders on the chair are wider than those on the swivel base.
The gliders on the seat are about 16 inch wide and 18inch from the outside of each rail.

Any ideas if i need a T4/T5 or another type of swivel base?

Cheers
Rich
johnb View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 10 at 13:02
The seat spacing on a swivel base is specific for the VW seat - I don't know if VW use a standard runner type and spacing across the board.

The guy who had butchered my westy before I got it had ground off the runners on the swivel base to allow him to bolt Rover 400 seats, complete with runners in their place.  The two things against this approach is that it reduces the stiffness of the base (though not to the extent of being an MOT issue) and means it is not easy to go back to stock seats.

I am currently running with Saab 9000 seats bolted to the swivel on the passenger side.  I no longer swivel the drivers side since my knees foul the steering wheel, so that seat is bolted to the floor outboard of the VW runners.
My van is better known in these parts than I am
richbrowning63 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richbrowning63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 10 at 13:10
Thanks I hadn't thought of just by-passing the runners. The seats are VW but not a clue what off.

Cheers
Rich
 Post Reply Post Reply