The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > Stolen Van register.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stolen Headlights and grill

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stolen Headlights and grill
    Posted: 16 Jan 11 at 13:42
I had my T3 square headlights and grill stolen this week, in the Bristol Area. It appears there have been 4 instances of this in the St Andrews/Montpelier and Redland area over the last couple of months.

So much for appreciating the vehicles and others efforts to make theirs look good.

This is just a warning to others with similar attractive bits on their vans. Lock up or potentially lose them.

Oh yeah my grill had a sprayed silver / gray center badge, the spray shop did it when painting the grill black and van white. Any sightings I would appreciate the info.

Cheers
monsho View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 11 at 13:48
To me this is more sickening than a van being pinched - whoever did it must be involved in the 'scene' somewhat to know that they fetch good money...

sorry to hear it fella...
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 11 at 14:09
sickening. the little fuckwits, if i caught them id be regreting it for a very long time.
it`s a big round cage but there`s too many animals in it for my liking.to address this ring lee on 07977 765818.
rogerthecat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 11 at 15:55
Maybe we should mark the grilles with uv paint and then keep an eye out for them reappearing?
That or "engrave" the reg number of the van into them.

T3 Westy, T3 Syncro (the ScoobyVelle), New Beetle Cab, 2 x Polos - I have too many projects
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 11 at 15:56
scum.

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
rogerthecat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 11 at 16:37
Originally posted by Tee3 Tee3 wrote:

scum.

Bit strong, it was just an idea!!Shocked
T3 Westy, T3 Syncro (the ScoobyVelle), New Beetle Cab, 2 x Polos - I have too many projects
kooldubs View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M STILL HERE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kooldubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 11 at 16:43
Originally posted by Tee3 Tee3 wrote:

scum.

agree
86 t3 doka & 2001 T4 2.5 TDI
rjes View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 11 at 10:52
I agree - very disappointing, as they were obviously nicked by someone in the VW scene. I hope you get them back. I used to think the VW scene was far too friendly a place for that kind of thing, but I guess the theiving scum are everywhere.
Regards,

Richard Jones,
R J Engineered Solutions,
rjes.com
Chris_sexton View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris_sexton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 11 at 11:34
But it's the same with any scene, always people looking for money for nothing deals, would have to be someone who knows there value or doing up there own van with little funds, but look on the bright side could have found your van on bricks aswell?
Torchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 11 at 19:49
Thanks for the post and the heads up.  I live in Bristol and have two Syncros. Reminds me to keep them hidden and off the street whenever possible.
I won't say where 'cause I bet the sods read these posts, for sure the asset of our chosen hobby is increasing.
gary1998 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 11 at 20:50
could be somebody seen these bit's on ebay or some site/fourm
and not into vans or vw's just easy money 
some one nicked my T3 bumper end cap's
but thres not another van in my area that i know of

Edited by gary1998 - 13 Mar 11 at 19:34
beware the fury of a patient man

http://www.eireball.com/
cruz View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 11 at 15:39
Originally posted by gary1998 gary1998 wrote:

could be somebody seen these bit's on ebay or some site/fourm
and into vans or vw's just easy money 
Probably, but they never seem to come up for auction often. Just seen a RHD set sell this minute for ££££££
glen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 11 at 16:41
sorry to here that you have had you bus violated if I catch them near my bus taking bits i will cut there f n hands off  
BUS.BOY View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BUS.BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 11 at 17:55
Originally posted by thebear thebear wrote:

I had my T3 square headlights and grill stolen this week, in the Bristol Area. It appears there have been 4 instances of this in the St Andrews/Montpelier and Redland area over the last couple of months.

So much for appreciating the vehicles and others efforts to make theirs look good.

This is just a warning to others with similar attractive bits on their vans. Lock up or potentially lose them.

Oh yeah my grill had a sprayed silver / gray center badge, the spray shop did it when painting the grill black and van white. Any sightings I would appreciate the info.

Cheers
and a set was also stolen from st anns in bristol just b4 crimbo off my mates van.Cry
************bristol t3 racers************
Eta-Beta View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eta-Beta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 11 at 23:10
security measures needed me thinks,,, rig pin switch`s up to a almighty siren behind both lamp frames,,  tamper proof screws with a dozen nuts behind on each one  ,  spot welds ,  glued in razor blades, metal cable ties , exploding theft paint dye pots,  electricution,lol    now ideas for the plastic grill- what can one do here.
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 11 at 00:18
 Quick trip to Porton Down and steal some Anthrax. 500ml pot of plastikote and stir the anthrax in before you spray grilles, that'll fuck em!
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

Titus A Duxass View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus A Duxass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 11 at 07:20
Originally posted by ELVIS ELVIS wrote:

Quick trip to Porton Down and steal some Anthrax. 500ml pot of plastikote and stir the anthrax in before you spray grilles, that'll fuck em!

Should have said earlier I was in that place the other week doing some testing.
Bollocks to it all!!
51°24′N 12°52′E
cruz View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 11 at 09:42
Originally posted by Eta-Beta Eta-Beta wrote:

now ideas for the plastic grill- what can one do here.
It is possible to remove the grill pins and replace with a tamperproof machine screw. Just take out the metal clips on the light mounts and spot weld a nut in it's place. Use two different tamperproof heads too just to make it a bit more awkward.

Stops the unorganised, opportunist scrote

Edited by cruz - 21 Mar 11 at 09:44
Grantus View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grantus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 11 at 14:10
Originally posted by gary1998 gary1998 wrote:

some one nicked my T3 bumper end cap's

How do you remove the end caps intact, without removing the whole bumper bar, to undo the bolts inside? Confused

Not like they're a costly item to sell down the pub....

Blue 88 MV Caravelle CL Manual

Was White, now Blue 91 MV Single cab Manual (Pritsche)
Holydiver View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Baxters Chocolate Star Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holydiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 11 at 13:50
Originally posted by Titus A Duxass Titus A Duxass wrote:

Originally posted by ELVIS ELVIS wrote:

Should have said earlier I was in that place the other week doing some testing.

Maybe in one of our units !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>