The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Removing Shower

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sh4ne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removing Shower
    Posted: 14 Jul 13 at 20:43
Hi,

We are new owners of a 1979 LT28. Bought as a project (our first), with plans to restore it to its former glory and provide many family holidays. :)

We want to change the interior a little and our first job is to remove the shower. My brother was over the other day and he said that i need to make sure that the shower is not providing structural support... this is not something i had considered.

I dont think the shower does provide any structural support but thought i should check before i plow in! Can anyone advise?

Thanks very much.
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 13 at 21:06
Your brother is having a laugh, surely.

?How can a shower provide structural support to a welded metal commercial vehicle?Confused

You should be able to take everything out down to the outer shell, that is not original and still be able to drive it.

Welcome, and think yourself lucky you did not buy a TeeThree and ask that lot.Wink
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
sh4ne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sh4ne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 13 at 21:12
LOL well it did make me think!
Thanks for the quick response - its great to find a forum for LT's that is still active!!

I will plow ahead :)
 Post Reply Post Reply