The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New T5?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Hedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 15 at 22:37
T5.1 2010
Been a good bus
Had a set of drive shafts 40k
Replaced the EGR 50k
I changed the timing belt and water pump at 4 years old 65k
Front pads 60k
Rear pads 50k
Still on original discs, clutch etc
Took the sump off on the last service to clean the oil pump pick up mesh which was quite dirty and everything looked fine

To date it's been a far cheaper van to run than the new Transit I use for work and that I'm clocking the miles up in day to day
Jumped Ship to a Vito but I hear a 2021 T6 calling, only real difference is the Vito cab is more car like.
Rebuild View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebuild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 15 at 23:56
Originally posted by Mr Hedgehog Mr Hedgehog wrote:

Took the sump off on the last service to clean the oil pump pick up mesh which was quite dirty and everything looked fine

thx for the reminder, must check mine on next service
Steve
2004 T5 2.5 TDI
boilerman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boilerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 23 at 17:58
I seem to be resurrecting posts today, sorry.

Just some feedback, about the 2015 T5 Highline, that I ended up buying.

It only has 50k on it, with no issues, apart from this weekConfused,(trying to get a decent spannerman out here 
in North Shropshire Is a challenge)

Anyroadup, last week the heater plug lookalike, came on, and flashes, two days later, the thing that 

looked like a turbo came on, three days later the DPF light came on, now its lost power, not a massive 

amount, but enough for me to worry. Cant get anyone to look at it straight away, So do I drive it, or not

No smoke either.

Taralot

T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 23 at 08:54
Doesn't sound like the turbo.  It sounds like the ECU is now flagging that the DPF can't regenerate.  It needs to go on diagnostics to investigate but a failed EGR valve could cause that and it is fairly common on the 2.0 engines and that would stop the DPF regenerating.

I wouldn't drive it more than you have to because the DPF may get blocked up.  

If you do a google search you can read many tales of similar.  Don't worry if you read any horror stories of wrecked engines following EGR failures because only some of the bi-turbo (180) engines are affected. 
2004 2.5 174
boilerman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boilerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 23 at 08:22
Many thanks T5, in the end, I found someone to look at it. I say look, its early days yet, he put the computer on it, but it didn't give an exact/precise answer, so it goes in next week to have a sensor on the exhaust changed(sorry cant remember the techie name)Like you, he said the turbo is ok.

Its all a bit at the same time, as in, a full service is due, the timing belt/water pump are also due. Not moaning, you use them, you have to pay.

I'll post feedback when I know more, thanks again mucka
boilerman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boilerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 23 at 22:10
...and so it continues, exhaust sensor changed, diagnostics fault removed, forced regen carried out. Still in limp mode. The guy is really busy and can look again this weekend. He is genuine, and explains things as we go, and I understand that way of workingThumbs Up

I'll post an update when I know more  
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 23 at 09:25
If it was the exhaust pressure sensor you have  to calibrate them with VCDS (or similar) after fitting.  I have done it a couple of times.  The instructions are on the Ross-Tech site.  

I

2004 2.5 174
boilerman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boilerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 23 at 21:41
Thanks T5, I'm in an unusual situation, where the guy working on my van, wants to find out what not working, rather than just change parts, so its taking time. I will update things, as I know. Cheers for even bothering
boilerman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boilerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 23 at 15:40
Ok, Vans working again, and here's what happened.

While trying to do a static regen the auxiliary belt, shredded, luckily not affecting the cam belt. The cambelt/water pump were going to be changed anyway,phew. Turns out the cam setting were a % out or something like that, anyway it pulls like a train now.

The boost control valve and cam sensor were changed, getting rid of the light display on the dash.

If you remember the "coil" looking light was flashing, the "turbo" looking light was staying on(I know, its not the turbo)Wink and another light (I'll find out later) was staying on, and the van had gone into limp mode, and no smoke. Maybe this will help someone else.

What do you reckon T5? (well its only you who's commentedBig smile)
boilerman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boilerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 23 at 15:42
Oh, the other light was the DPF Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12