The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT1 Gear linkage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0Jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT1 Gear linkage
    Posted: 08 Jan 20 at 22:20
Moved to the correct section.....

Hello all,
I have recently reconditioned the gear linkages on a couple of LT1s and the owners have
been really happy with the results which are pretty transformative considering the low cost of the parts.
It's a relatively straightforward job with most wearing parts available or easy to make on the lathe, although not all of the bellows are readily available. If the balls have disintegrated and fallen off and there has been metal to metal contact then some fettling on the bench is required.
I have a complete unit here from gearstick down to gearbox, fully cleaned and rebuilt with new bushes, balls and pins which I am happy to fit for anyone who wishes or to recondition any unit and refit if originality is important.
I am based in West Wales so please PM if I can help with your LT.
Cheers, OJ

www.ffics.co.uk
jamiegolf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamiegolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 21 at 07:57
hey ojay
Where abouts are you in west wales? 
I’m based in Aberystwyth.....
I have an lt40 and the gear linkage is terrible! 
Pm incoming now 
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 21 at 09:04
I'd deffo be interested in a recon linkage.
Where are you down west?

Back in the slow lane, yeah!
Blix99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blix99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 21 at 13:54
Can i ask what you actually did to fix the linkage? I need to do mine but am too far away from you.
Trying to engage first gear is a real pain at the moment.
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 21 at 16:42
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
 Post Reply Post Reply