The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Headlights on LT35

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myrtletheLT35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Headlights on LT35
    Posted: 27 Aug 13 at 12:01
Hi there all the knowledgeable LTers!

I was wondering what setting most people have their lights on.

I usually have the light switch in the middle (half beam) but it seems pretty well dim, if you push it fully on then it seems to be full beam and possibly too bright?

Also what are the three settings on the fog light switch?

Many thanks, I know these silly questions but for how simple the controls are on a LT i still get confused and I don't want my lights to be to bright nor to dull!

Many thanks

mat_the_cat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 13 at 12:37
First position on the main light switch is sidelights only - and possibly dim-dip with the ignition on, if fitted. TBH I tend to drive around with sidelights on a lot of the time for extra visibility, perhaps because of my motorcycling background. When fully to the left you will then have a choice of main and dipped beam via the column stalk; dipped beam shouldn't dazzle if correctly adjusted although may be mis-interpreted by someone as you flashing your lights if you go over a bump.

The first position on the fog light switch is for the optional front fog lights, for which most of the wiring is already present.
Mid engined, 6 cylinder, turbocharged 2 seater - it can only be a VW LT!
myrtletheLT35 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myrtletheLT35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 13 at 13:11
nice one mat!

by the column stalk do you mean actually on the steering wheel column? or the fog light button to the left of the wheel on the dash

thanks - hopefully ill be a bit safer at night after asking this question!
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 13 at 13:19
The one on the steering wheel column which also operates the indicators.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myrtletheLT35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 13 at 13:25
wicked - owned it over 4 years and hadn't worked this out! Embarrassed

many thanks
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myrtletheLT35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 13 at 10:46
i think my LT might be a bit different, the column stalk control only seems to flash on main beam but not stay on
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 13 at 15:36
If I understand this rightly, you have the light switch (to the right of the steering wheel) fully on, but main beam (blue light on dashboard) only comes on for as long as you pull the stalk? In that case there's a problem there, as main beam should latch on unless you are only using sidelights or have no lights on.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myrtletheLT35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 13 at 16:41
nice one mate

tink i understand now - ive been confusing the blue light for meaning my fog lights are on..... so ill use them with confidence now that it is just my main beam - i only worried as i occasionally seem to get flashed when i have them on
 Post Reply Post Reply