The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Propane tank overfill

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote microbusdeluxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Propane tank overfill
    Posted: 29 May 21 at 16:08
I'm in the United States but own an European version 1989 T3 Westfalia.  Recently when I filled the propane tank it apparently overfilled and began to leak propane through the overfill valve, the brass one with the press in plastic cup (the cup popped out.)  After a while it settled down and we camped over 2 months with everything working fine.

Back home now and wondering just what parts I need to order from Gunzl to fix it.  They list a "Codeux" safety valve, which sounds good, but also a "fueling unit with fuel stop", which also sounds like it might be what I want.

Have any of you faced a similar problem and what was your solution?  Thanks for your help.
KrisG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 21 at 16:17
The plastic cup is not supposed to be in, it should have been removed at delivery of the van, but most of them still have it on.

You need the fueling unit with fuel stop, as far as I understand your message it didn't stop filling.
The Codeux is the one that worked.

Kris
Regards,
Kris
 Post Reply Post Reply