The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

90A alternator for the mk1 2.0?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voltagectrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 90A alternator for the mk1 2.0?
    Posted: 29 Mar 21 at 21:15
I’m having some issues charging my new 105Ah leisure battery through a CTEK Dual 250S. To be honest I haven’t had a lot of time to a proper troubleshooting, but from what I can gather my alternator is outputting a too low voltage for the CTEK to really do it’s job.

I’m sure it could do with new coals, regulator etc. but in all honesty my plan is to just replace the whole worn old thing with something more powerful. As such I’m trying to find a 90A alternator that can be made to fit the 2.0 petrol engine.

Can you guys give me any hints on suitable replacements? Either direct bolt on replacements, or ones that will work with some reasonable mods/adaptations?

Best regards!
1982 LT 35, 2.0 Petrol with custom camper conversion
Monster LT View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster LT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 21 at 19:10
You can get a 90A and it should fit the same as the others. Lots on fleabay but do your homework and comparisons before purchasing - there are remanufactured or reconditioned ones. You may need to replace the pulley and fan fom your old one onto the new one which will require a strong impact wrench. Worth checking what your is putting out before purchasing as that may not be the problem.

Edited by Monster LT - 27 Apr 21 at 19:13
LT45-TD-ACL-intercooler-4x4-1993
 Post Reply Post Reply