Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT1 Security

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT1 Security
    Posted: 17 May 20 at 12:23

With time on my hands and in between teaching my little ‘un, I’ve been catching up on all those little jobs on the LT that I’ve been meaning to do for ages.

Now that I’ve largely completed them, it got me to thinking about enhancing security. 

So I thought I’d reach out to the brick-yard massive to see what the collective wisdom is.

I guess the options are: 
  • Cut out switch
  • Deadlocks
  • Aftermarket alarm
  • Steering lock (disklok/clutch lock etc)
  • Tracker/GPS device
  • A big, mean (and hungry) dog

Anybody got any other ideas suitable for our aged and non-central locking equipped vehicles?

Back in the slow lane, yeah!
Junk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 20 at 13:26
I havent got one myself but putting an open/close valve somewhere hidden in the fuel line is on my list
nooberdoober View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nooberdoober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 20 at 18:37
I've always fancied me a couple of wireless mini hidden cctv cameras that I can link to via my smart phone from anywhere and that are activated by movement and run off your 12vlt. That would be quite cheap to do these days.  

Or, perhaps if you string together 8 cigarette burned and semi mutilated dolls heads and hang them in your windscreen....no ones coming knocking...or nicking....but perhaps bricking.

I had a cut out switch which was useful anti theft. Same with fuel line. You just have to remember to turn them back on again. Easy to install though and cheap and the van ain't going anywhere unless you know to turn them both on. 
I got me a 2.4 straight Six......and it's a soundin JUICY!

1984 LT40 2.4 petrol Coachbuilt Autotrail Motorhome
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 20 at 08:23
Steering lock is a easy way to secure Your car and it is easy to see, so might scare someone of. A cut off switch is also god to have when doing work on the car.
I have been considering instaling push buton start, in sted of using the key. may bee 3 butons, where i have to push 2 to engage the starter and the one in the middle honks the horn.
I will get a tracker divice, the type that is as big as 3 big coins and can be hidden every where.
The problem is awoyding People to get in to the car. I have bought 2 160 watt solar panels, and have to buy a regulator a Litium battery and a 230 volt converter. That is £750 that are right behind the front pax seat.
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
Beetroot2 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beetroot2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 20 at 22:50
I’ve fitted a tracker.  Only need to subscribe if you loose it or lend it. Spy track. Hidden away up top
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 20 at 16:27
I'll take a look at that buddy. Nice one. Thumbs Up
Back in the slow lane, yeah!
Beetroot2 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beetroot2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 20 at 18:47
come and have a look if you like :)
 Post Reply Post Reply