The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lucas injection pump

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinthefox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 20 at 23:02
Originally posted by MaartenT3 MaartenT3 wrote:

The T3 is alive!!

Maarten

Well doneClap
1.9D AEF T3 Kamper

All sorts of other oil burners too.

Timjburrows View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timjburrows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 20 at 18:09
great news,so glad it sorted,
Daaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 22 at 17:35
I also have a AEF engine fitted in my T3 and it worked perfectly until recently.
I left it standing for a few month in the hot Portuguese climate and now I have so much trouble trying starting it. It takes ages for it to finally come alive and it revs up and down the first moment.
After that it seems to run fine and it starts up again if I don't wait more than 5 minutes . After that it takes longer to get it started.
I checked the timing belt and that seems fine on time.
I have transparent fuel lines and there are a lot of bubbles in there but that was always like that.
i suspect that there is something stuck inside the lucas pump or there is to much air.
I have to get my yearly inspection soon, I am a bit worried.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks, David.
Home is where you park
colinthefox View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinthefox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 22 at 20:49
Originally posted by Daaf Daaf wrote:

I also have a AEF engine fitted in my T3 and it worked perfectly until recently.
I left it standing for a few month in the hot Portuguese climate and now I have so much trouble trying starting it. It takes ages for it to finally come alive and it revs up and down the first moment.
After that it seems to run fine and it starts up again if I don't wait more than 5 minutes . After that it takes longer to get it started.
I checked the timing belt and that seems fine on time.
I have transparent fuel lines and there are a lot of bubbles in there but that was always like that.
i suspect that there is something stuck inside the lucas pump or there is to much air.
I have to get my yearly inspection soon, I am a bit worried.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks, David.

Sorry I missed this one.....

You should check the back leakage pipes (that's the braided rubber pipes that run between the injectors and to the injection pump), and check the small rubber cap that is on the nr4 injector. These are notorious for perishing and allowing air into the system. They are very cheap to replace and a kit can be bought at any auto store for a few Euros. My advice would be to replace them anyway every two years AND keep a spare set in the van. When these pipes are perished, fuel will often leak from them when the engine is running, and they leak air in when it's not, but you can't see that.
1.9D AEF T3 Kamper

All sorts of other oil burners too.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12