The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VW T3 Sinka Syncro for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinclair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VW T3 Sinka Syncro for sale
    Posted: 04 Jun 19 at 18:23
Hi, I'm French and I plan to buy a T3 Sinka Syncroe. I found this ads :

but I have a doubt about the car real state. Maybe one of you already contact the saler, or even already saw the car ? Could you tell me more ?

Thank you in advance for your help !

Philippe
clift_d View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clift_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 19 at 19:32
Your URL is a bit wrong:

You really need to look at the state of the bodywork, and there's lots of pictures on the listing to look at - I'll let others who have a better eye for this comment on what they see. To my untrained eye it looks reasonably okay up top, although there appear to be a few areas underneath that are a bit more concerning and which will probably need some work.

I assume you've looked up the MOT history online - https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/ - this doesn't show anything particularly concerning in the last five years, although it does show that the MOT lapsed in early February, which means it won't be driveable in the UK unless it is renewed, and so will need to be trailered.

Good luck with it.

Edited by clift_d - 04 Jun 19 at 19:33
1988 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker syncro
sinclair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinclair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 19 at 19:44
Thank you for your answer and the MOT history online. I didn't know about it! So great, should have the same in France!

For others who have a better eye, here is a series of photos : https://photos.app.goo.gl/qDDkzrs2ekgNWSEQA

912 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 19 at 20:47
What’s the price ? I can’t see it in the add
sinclair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinclair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 19 at 20:49
£5500
KrisG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 19 at 20:52
My impression: it looks good on top but not that good below. But I'm no expert.
Kris
Regards,
Kris
clift_d View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clift_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 19 at 22:12
I wonder whether it might be worth establishing why the MOT wasn’t renewed in February. People selling vehicles in the UK commonly get it updated as a way of providing some comfort to potential buyers that the vehicle is in a useable condition, and doesn’t have anything particularly wrong with it.

The fact that it doesn’t have an MOT may be a little bit of a warning flag to check that there isn’t something pricey that needs resolving in order for the vehicle to be roadworthy.

It may not be that there’s anything wrong that would be a show stopper, but it could be that you might decide to haggle on the price a bit. 

Edited by clift_d - 05 Jun 19 at 02:46
1988 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker syncro
jamiegolf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamiegolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 19 at 19:17
Been to look at this for a friend today, very honest original van, needless to say he left with a grin on his face and collecting it next week after some negotiation he left a deposit and arranged collection, it’s   been stood a while hence the lack of mot, harahe have taken it for mot and only needs one small patch of welding to n/s floor section, but the rest of the chassis is very good, no real corrosion to speak of, the factory pvc under coating has done a very good job of protecting it, few knocks and dink’s around the outer body shell, but nothing that can’t be sorted.
 Post Reply Post Reply