The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

K Seal???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hobbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: K Seal???
    Posted: 17 Feb 10 at 21:39
After a few sessions of fettling by Mr.Baxter the bus is running nice and tidy..new vac advance,dizzy,leads,rotor arm,plugs,carb stripped,timing set,tappets done etc,only to be told on my last visit that I now have a slight head gasket leak!!!
Not being the best spanner monkey I always believed that this was terminal as in "fooked" but having read a few posts on here a few people have mentioned this.....

Does it do what it says on the tin? Do I have to do a coolant change? Are there any detrimental lasting effects?
rave on in a world of uncertainty
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 10 at 22:17
K-seal won't fix this.

You may need to be signed into facebook to view that, if so have a look at the brickwerks facebook pages in the photo section, under the folder "workshop"
Red Westie View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Westie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 10 at 22:31
It continues to amaze me that people still think shit like this can offer permenant solutions to gasket/radiator and other leaks.
Get me home!.......until I get paid.......I'm looking for a way to drive to the garage....etc etc that's it!
shelly
Bigherbie View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigherbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 10 at 08:18
K seal won't work on head gaskets as a permanent cure. But if anything will work K seal will, it has certainly saved few Ford tractors with their porous blocks.
hobbit View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hobbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 10 at 14:33
This was the thread that I was refering to...
rave on in a world of uncertainty
UAP1 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

AKA Mannlicher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UAP1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 10 at 15:30
You would be better off sticking a donkeys knob end in it or a tin of blacking held together with a few long stands or a few rocking horse turdsLOL

Edited by UAP1 - 18 Feb 10 at 15:32
 Post Reply Post Reply