The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T3 GEARING

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUDD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T3 GEARING
    Posted: 16 Jan 09 at 19:49
I WAS WANDERING IF ANYONE COULD SHED A LIGHT LIGHT  ON MY GEARING PROBLEM. I'VE GOT A 1990 T3 FITTED WITH A PASSAT 1.9D, I'M RUNNING 16" ALLOYS WITH 205-55-16 TYRES BUT WHEN I'M ON THE MOTOR WAY DOING ABOUT 60 ITS JUST OUT OF THE REDLINE WHICH I THINK CAN'T BE DOING THE MOTOR ANY GOOD. I'VE TRIED TO FIND THE CODE ON THE BOX AND THE ONLY LETTERS I CAN FIND ARE  - ASP-  AND THAT CORISPONDS WITH THE WHITE STICKER IN THE CAB. I'M IN THE UNDERSTANDING THAT THE 2.1 PETROL BOX HAS A TALLER 5TH GEAR SO I'M GUESSING THATS THE WAY TO GO.   BARING IN MIND MY BUS IS AN OLD GERMAN ARMY CREW BUS I WAS WONDERING IF IT HAD A LOWER RATIO BOX FITTED IN THE FIRST PLACE. THANKS FOR LISTENING.
mjjm View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 09 at 19:58
Strange place to put a question?
Mark
God help th world when I realise what I'm good at!!!and I lern how to spel!
kooldubs View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M STILL HERE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kooldubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 09 at 20:04
LOL why has someone stolen it...
86 t3 doka & 2001 T4 2.5 TDI
billen View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 09 at 20:23
passat 1.9D
turbo or not turbo
that is the question?
billen
1.6TD Westy poptop. New van, same old problems

Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 09 at 20:25
to be honest, if you have a box from a 1.7D, just about any box will be an improvement.

3H diesel box or similar would be better than what you have...

you just need to be careful you dont go too high, cos you wont have enough power to go up through the gears.

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
 Post Reply Post Reply