The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > South African T3s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wiring Diagrams or manuals?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wiring Diagrams or manuals?
    Posted: 23 Jul 11 at 21:59
Has anyone managed to get hold of any data, manuals or wiring diagrams to cover these South African buses? I was about to try contacting VWsa but thought it best to check with you learned men first. I have the original drivers handbook but it does not offer much technical info. Likewise Haynes is very sketchy (presently trying to track central locking fault).

Regards, Brian.
TransPorscher View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransPorscher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 11 at 13:25
That is the biggest problem  with these buses !!  I'm also looking at getting the same info. PM me for my number.
Charlie

Small Moves Big Grooves! WeFunkRadio.com

russel at syncronutz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russel at syncronutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 11 at 19:38
Virtually impossible to get.
Russel
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransPorscher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 11 at 00:07
As we thought !! I've asked on SA forums but with no luck. Russel, what did the main dealers use then ? A book or microfiche/CD ? Surely there must be something VW SA used ? 
Charlie

Rob M View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 11 at 22:07
Central locking fault?

Check the cables between all doors and tailgate to the body first, they often break.
silverbullet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 11 at 16:29
Not as impossible as first thought, I was recently sent a 2.6i wiring diagram pdf scanned from a genuine VWSA workshop book. Got mine fixed after a good old multimeter session!
Have I missed anything?
Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 11 at 09:33

Clap

I would appreciate a share on that Ian if you would be so kind. I know it won't be accurate for mine but I am sure it will be closer that the Bentley Vanagon one that I am trying to use at the moment.

Congrats on sorting your problem. Better than an ECU replacement eh what!

I'll PM my email address to you in case you are feeling benevolent.

South African 1991 2.5i 5cyl Microbus - virgin, not campered - piloted by Brian.
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransPorscher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 11 at 00:08
NO, I think Ian's going be a right F**ker and not share them  !!!!!!!   LOL Only joking !!!! & that's without my fave Italian liqueur on a Sauturday night  !!!  For a change !!!Wink
Charlie

Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 11 at 14:18
Bad luck Charlie, it's evidently you that he doesn't like. I have a copyClap
Unfortunately theres only about one third of the tracks there. Evidently it was tailored for Ian's ECU prob and excluded the remainder of the tracks e.g lighting etc.Cry
Still, lets be positive. The info is out there somewhere......................Thumbs Up
South African 1991 2.5i 5cyl Microbus - virgin, not campered - piloted by Brian.
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 11 at 09:20

What to say, what to say... Wink

Have I missed anything?
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransPorscher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 11 at 21:42
Originally posted by silverbullet silverbullet wrote:

What to say, what to say... Wink

Depends what u been drinking !!!!! Nothing we wouldn't say to each other !!!!!  LOL
Charlie

Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 11 at 09:21
Do you think you could rephrase that to sound a bit more hetro? I've got a reputation to uphold Wink

Edited by silverbullet - 10 Nov 11 at 10:09
Have I missed anything?
mucho View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mucho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 12 at 15:29
Originally posted by Wychall Wychall wrote:

Bad luck Charlie, it's evidently you that he doesn't like. I have a copyClap
Unfortunately theres only about one third of the tracks there. Evidently it was tailored for Ian's ECU prob and excluded the remainder of the tracks e.g lighting etc.Cry
Still, lets be positive. The info is out there somewhere......................Thumbs Up

Hi Wychall, Please share the little you have, these are desperate times ! I'll PM you my email address in a little while.
2.6i Caravelle 1997 powered by Audi 5 Cylinder - Motronic
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 12 at 16:08
Mucho are you signed up to syncrosa.co.za? It's not all syncro chat, 2wd buses are welcome too, everyone is really helpful. I'd have been stuffed without their advice!

I now have some more of the early 2.6i schematic and have requested some more to fill in the gaps (due to a communications breakdown)
Later buses may be subtly different as there was an ecu change mid-1997 and again from 1998 onwards, but maybe only remapped for unleaded fuel, judging by the ETKA comments.

For 2.6: 
early version 22S 906 022,  
10/95 to 12/97 22S 907 404 B, 
1/98 onwards 22S 907 404 D

For 2.3: 
22S 907 404 (Volksie only), later suffix A or C, same dates for changeover.

Edited by silverbullet - 08 May 12 at 16:23
Have I missed anything?
Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 12 at 18:01
Hi Ian.  Could I have a share of any additional schemas that you have gotten hold of please. My requests for anything 2.5 have drawn a blank so I would like to try identifying things using the later version.

Thanks
Brian.
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 12 at 12:48
Will do. I have seen that the 2.5 engine bay loom uses multiple Audi-style plugs in place of the later  28-pin in the corner of the engine bay (I have the remains of a mid to late 80's quattro loom, same plugs) I don't see why the main part of the loom shouldn't bee too different. 

I haven't checked the relay/fusedbox part number but it has been suggested that it might be Mk3 Golf based on appearances. The Haynes book for the 92-96 Golf doesn't have a picture of it though...typical!
Have I missed anything?
mucho View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mucho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 12 at 11:18
@Silverbullet, I'd appreciate a share of any additional diagrams you may be having for the 2.6. @Wychall was kind enough to share pages 1-9 with me sometimes back. I was hoping the rest of the scan is around somewhere.
2.6i Caravelle 1997 powered by Audi 5 Cylinder - Motronic
 Post Reply Post Reply