The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So what are people doing with LT's in the LEZ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringonotts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So what are people doing with LT's in the LEZ?
    Posted: 23 Jul 11 at 17:14
Just wondering...

I recently interviewed for a job in the smoke and if successful (which i doubt) i will be up sticking to live at least inside the M25 and hence in the LEZ.

Of course, the Florida is not exempt from the LEZ next year and i know there are a few members on here within it - so what are the options?

Finding somewhere to store it outside the LEZ i suppose?

Appreciate anyones thoughts on this - im not selling my Florida if i do get a job down there!

Cheers,

Ringo
Huge big LT Florida - its slow but its a Westie!
Germslayer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 11 at 21:38
I had a discussion with someone on the LT facebook group who said he was having to fit a filter at the cost of about £2k.  I'm lucky, although my LT35 is a camper it's registered as a minibus & so exempt. Have you checked the reg on your LT against the TfL website? 

Edited by Germslayer - 25 Jul 11 at 00:14
2006 LT35 2.5TDi SWB
1999 Skoda Felicia (I love 'em!)
ringonotts View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringonotts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 11 at 21:47
Definitely not exempt. It's a motorhome.

A filter is an option I suppose - until of course they move the goalposts.

Very expensive option mind!

Cheers,

Ringo
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 11 at 21:55
can you put a petrol engine in ringo??  then gas it?  surely cheaper than a 2K filter
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 11 at 00:21
From the TfL website: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/roadusers/lez/LEZ/case-study-pre-euro-motor-caravan.pdf 

Interesting that they say if your vehicle is converted to a camper you have to register this with the DVLA, when in fact they won't do this any more...
2006 LT35 2.5TDi SWB
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringonotts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 11 at 12:05
My van left the factory as a motorhome being a westy and all that...

Are you saying the DVLA do not accepts requests to register converted vehicles as a motorhome now?

sorry to keep using the word "motorhome" but thats what it says on the logbook....

Ringo
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 11 at 17:52

TfL call them motor caravans!

According to this thread, http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/registering-your-van-as-a-motorhome_topic66867.html no the DVLA won't do it any more.
2006 LT35 2.5TDi SWB
F***OWL View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F***OWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 11 at 23:24
Ouch We've just recently returned from a trip in our Florida to mid-Wales ( had glorious weather ) to find a letter on my mat to say that I had until the 8th August to get my diesel LT28 out of London or be fined £1000. No January 2012 for me it seems!

Have moved her to a field near Salisbury, I won't sell her, the best van by far.

Edited by F***OWL - 01 Aug 11 at 21:50
'89 LT28 2.4TD Westfalia Florida
'89 BMW K75 Flying Brick
'89 Yamaha YFU1W Pro-hauler Quad

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringonotts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 11 at 23:32
Gutted. Not compliant to euro II either?

Ringo
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 11 at 20:51
That's a bit harsh! Shocked
2006 LT35 2.5TDi SWB
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 11 at 16:15
2006 LT35 2.5TDi SWB
camperdog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camperdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 11 at 17:03
read the comments from that artilce.............it seems no one likes us and wants us band from the road anyway :-(
94 Diesel LT35
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringonotts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 11 at 18:25
Lol! I haven't read all the comments but I'm not really surprised.

Unfortunately it's a sign of the times - lez's are inevitable.

I wonder how many of these anti old vehicle folks fligh all over the world causing a large carbon footprint?

Ringo
milk n cheese View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milk n cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 11 at 18:33
The worst thing about this is that I live about 150m inside the LES.at the moment there are no cameras. There are 2 roads that take me off out of the zone. If they stay like this I should be ok. If the cameras go up I'm gunman have to either store the van or sell it. Don't fancy selling it. Best van I've ever had. Even if it does only do 60max
"if it bends its funny - if it breaks its even funnier" (M&C 1994)
Tardis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tardis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 11 at 23:11
Unfortunatly it is a sad fact of life in this country that even though we are in the middle of a terrible financial time for most people we are still forced to spend more of our hard earned cash to meet Euro emission legislation. I am lucky living "oop north" that it won't affect me in my personal life, but I work in the haulage industry (an industry thay is really struggling at the moment) and after December about 12 of our vehicles will not be allowed into the LEZ and the only choice is convert them which is a costly excersice on a truck that may only be useful for another 3 to 4 years anyway or invest in new units at c.£80,000 each.
You have my sympathies.
Silky View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 11 at 10:27
I guess now's the time for anyone outside the LEZ to shop for a diesel van Wink

I'm up north so it won't affect me (yet?) but I wonder just how many campers around the country will unwittingly fall foul of this when plotting their weekends away? With two campsites within the zone I suspect there'll be a few who land a large fine.

Silky
LT28 Westfalia Florida 1990
T3 High top 1986
Silky View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 11 at 10:32
Looking at the map I've just noticed a sneaky section of the M25 just past Brentwood that falls in the zone. I'm sure the locals will be delighted with us all coming off the motorway there and going through the streets so we can rejoin at the next junction.

Silky
LT28 Westfalia Florida 1990
T3 High top 1986
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milk n cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 11 at 10:44
That is how I can get to my house. Off at brentwood. Back roads to my house. Last 150 m is in zone. No camera so far.
camperdog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camperdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 11 at 11:59
so if people are off to dover from the north, around the M25 a bit, does that fall in the zone?
94 Diesel LT35
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milk n cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 11 at 12:18
Think your ok on the M25. It's comming off into London.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>