The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SPARE eberspacher control

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plinsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SPARE eberspacher control
    Posted: 05 Dec 10 at 13:33
Afternoon, all - After finding an eberspacher control on ebay, when I went to swap it I found the spare wheel (the number for the temp control) in the bottom of the side by the rock and roll. I therefore have a spare one. It all works but the thermostat wheel has the little nibble part at the back which I think does not engage with the rest of the unit and will not therefore change the temp setting (I think).

I know how difficult these are to source and was wondering if anyone is after one.

Also I am after a good quality cover for the van - does anybody know where i can get a decent one, please?

Regards,

Plinsky
T3di View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 10 at 14:08
Rubyvan78 was after one if I recall right.

Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 10 at 14:31
If you're offering it for sale please put a price on it plinsky and I'll move this to the For Sale section.

Thanks.

plinsky View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plinsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 10 at 15:02
I was thinking about selling it but not sure what an honest price would be...?
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 10 at 15:03
Well you've just bought one off ebay so.......
plinsky View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plinsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 10 at 19:29

OK - I bought mine for £123.00 ... Would you say £90 is too much..?

Sorry I really dont have a clue.

SebRogers View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebRogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 10 at 20:01
Originally posted by plinsky plinsky wrote:

OK - I bought mine for £123.00 

Shocked

Yikes. They're about 200 Euros new.

Still, it's nice having a working thermostat, eh? Thumbs Up
'85 T3 Doka EJ22
'94 T4 Westy Cali Club ABT 2.4td
plinsky View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plinsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 10 at 20:41
Hi Seb,

long time no speak... i followed your original advice and with perseverance I found one... I kept going back to the website you recommended a while ago and brand new was still going for 220 euros (up until last week)... I know 123 quids is a lot but constant temperature is niceee...
rubyvan78 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubyvan78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 10 at 20:44
Yep found one on e.bay for £70 so I brought it result! The funny thing is that after I got it home  I found like you, the old control knob hidden right at the bottom the base unit for the bed.
Took it out and had a look at it but it was no good.
Pretty miffed as I was really hoping that it would work but no! The back had snapped so it couldn't attach to the eber temp regulator.
Sounds freaky (or perhaps a coincidence!) to me that you yourself have also found it in the depths of the bed unit as I did.
I wonder how many others have this little control knob squirelled away?
Stephen Grieve
artisanjewellery.net
rubyvan78@hotmail.com

SebRogers View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebRogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 10 at 22:03

I know 123 quids is a lot but constant temperature is niceee...

Sure is. Switch on, set thermostat, sleep in cosy warmth all night (nice and warm getting up in the morning too). Worth every penny!
'85 T3 Doka EJ22
tram-man View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tram-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 10 at 22:05
Missing the knob on mine aswell, will be stripping the bed/seat next week then!

'97 A4 AFN | '60 T1 ratlook | '57 Oval | Dec '82 T3 Westfalia 1Y+DK+215/60x16
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 10 at 22:12
Originally posted by rubyvan78 rubyvan78 wrote:

Yep found one on e.bay for £70 so I brought it result!

Where did you bring it from?
plinsky View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plinsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 10 at 22:28
you have to look in the little gap between the bed and the van just beneath the eber control. I took the arm rest/pad out and the panel + the BBB had to come out etcand then i found the bloody thing! I was gutted!
rubyvan78 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubyvan78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 10 at 22:44
Originally posted by Steve B Steve B wrote:

The fatherland
Stephen Grieve
artisanjewellery.net
rubyvan78@hotmail.com

rubyvan78 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubyvan78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 10 at 22:46

you have to look in the little gap between the bed and the van just beneath the eber control. I took the arm rest/pad out and the panel + the BBB had to come out etcand then i found the bloody thing! I was gutted!
Seems like we all need to look in the little nooks and cranies a hidden sourch of controllers!!
Stephen Grieve
artisanjewellery.net
rubyvan78@hotmail.com

Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 10 at 22:47

The fatherland

Whooosh......
plinsky View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plinsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 10 at 23:03
well, it appears that everyone is sorted at the moment - i shall put it on ebay aswell but will not be in a rush to sell it... I have pics if anyone wants to see the conditions of it
SebRogers View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebRogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 10 at 00:37

The fatherland

Whooosh......

LOL
'85 T3 Doka EJ22
Holydiver View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Baxters Chocolate Star Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holydiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 10 at 08:32
Hi Plinsky

So it was you who won it then? I was bidding but only as a spare not that I need one.
Long time no speak too!
Maybe we could meet up over xmas? there a couple of us on here that live in or near us.
Seb are you up for this? also Sonic 23 lives in Clevedon (got a nice blue syncro)

Cheers

SebRogers View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebRogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 10 at 09:00
Originally posted by Holydiver Holydiver wrote:

Maybe we could meet up over xmas? there a couple of us on here that live in or near us.
Seb are you up for this? 

Sure thing, provided I can fit it in around family commitments Smile Would have to be around 27th Dec or closer to new year, I think. I'll have my 6 year old daughter with me... anyone else have kids? I'm sure she'd like to make new friends...
'85 T3 Doka EJ22
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>