The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VW Van Centres: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 09 at 15:11
Originally posted by Steve B Steve B wrote:

Who are they/them Dan?

Yer, sorry, does help if I put it in !!!

Listers commercial dealer in Coventry...
MrC02 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrC02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 09 at 15:16
Carrs Indian Queens (Cornwall)

Sales: Not used- usual glitzy showroom chrome glass etc- looks way too expensive for me!

Parts: Generally helpful if not overly friendly

Service: Fine- fixed what I wanted them to fix. They also picked up on several bits of work covered by warranty that I knew nothing about and sorted them. Always get "given" a courtesy vehicle.

NB Interesting that so far the majority of comments have been positive- reading this forum regularly would have you believe all VW dealers were the scum of the earth LOL

NBB WTF is a "Lifestyle" award???

T30 AXD Superchipped
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 09 at 19:27

It's the award for improving their lifestyle by taking more of our money than other van centres.
zedzedeleven View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zedzedeleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 10 at 10:27
Originally posted by kawolsky kawolsky wrote:

It's the award for improving their lifestyle by taking more of our money than other van centres.

LOLLOLLOL   Clap
LOL
1.9 85ps swb 2004 in friesan green.

bring me sunshine.
dazboi01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dazboi01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 10 at 13:37
lifestyle is the carvelle, california and shuttle models of vehicles
only god can judge me
Dusty Dan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 10 at 14:25
Just had some work done by Listers in Coventry, problem with one of our older Transporter, 56 plate, 70000 miles, dueal mass flywheel thingie.... done under warranty for free........Smile
Also done a free winter check for us.
+ free van to use for 2 day.
Dealt with Grant in service, top bloke...
gb1m View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gb1m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 10 at 16:42
Manchester Van Centre (smith knight & fay)

Sales - Very pleased

Parts - Very pleased , always get a discount when I ask and its here next day

Service - Crap , damaged my van on more than one occasion **AVOID**

Bodyshop - A joke , took three times to get the damage the van centre had done nearly right **AVOID**
T5 174 kombi lwb
gb1m View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gb1m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 10 at 16:43
oh and vw uk - a fuckin waist of time, not interested at all.
T5 174 kombi lwb
TwoFish View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwoFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 10 at 11:21
Phew. Some real horror stories there gb1m. It'll certainly make me think carefully if even I need any bodywork or serious mechanicing done. Does anyone know a good Indy in the manchester / North West area BTW?

I have to say though, the Manchester Van Centre team impressed me last week. Not with anything technical - all my van was in for was an MOT. However it was during the big snow whan half of the North West had shut down and stayed at home. I headed off for Trafford Park early to allow extra time for driving through snow, half expecting to get there and find the place dark and locked with a 'come back in the Spring' notice stuck on the door. When I got to the centre at 7.55am though, all were present and correct, path freshly gritted and dealership fully open for business. Given the state of some of the roads, that must have taken some effort on the part of the staff.

Edited by TwoFish - 14 Jan 10 at 11:23
scots_flyer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scots_flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 10 at 14:37

York Van Centre

Bought a used T30 Kombi from them with 33,750 miles on the clock at the end of November 2009. Within two weeks it was obvious the rear (slider) windows were leaking and in spite of having a 'Full year long warranty' they were not covered by this. They offered replacement (fixed) rear windows at no cost and I had that done last week at my local van centre (Bilston, near Edinburgh)

Sales/customer care - pleased so far

Bilston Van Centre

First of all I couldn't make the original date to have the work done because I was snowed in but they were happy to arrange a new date. The replacement windows appear to have been fitted well and the job was done in good time although they forgot to call me to let me know it was ready.

Workshop/customer care - pleased so far

Last night (13/1/10) the van broke down 15 miles from home - the gear stick goes into what feels like the right place but the gears do not engage and it makes a HORRIBLE noise. I suspect it's a drive shaft. Managed to get a tow to the Bilston van centre (from a T4 embarrassingly!) and dropped off. I called this morning and they say they will check it out and get back to me.

Will it be a drive shaft or worse?

Will it be covered by the warranty?

Will they call me back to tell me?

I will post an update as soon as I know.....

*Update* Called them Sat am as I hadn't heard anything since dropping off Wed night. I'm told it's the driver side drive shaft and stub, the parts have been ordered - expected to arrive Tuesday. Doesn't know if its covered by a Gold warranty but will keep me up to date (be a nice change).

Edited by scots_flyer - 16 Jan 10 at 08:44
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12