The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brake Back Plates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brake Back Plates
    Posted: 10 Jun 14 at 19:57
When I looked about a year or so ago, there were none to be found, other than second-hand and attached to an axle. I was somewhat concerned due to the near necessity of removing the handbrake cables when doing the brakes and prior to that the half-shafts.

Browsing Brickwerks site showed up some T3 backplates which had a similar part number, 251609425/6D, as opposed to 281609425/6D for the LT. I looked at the T3 pictures and though similar and possibly able to be modified, I think it would be a last resort.

Michael, of Brickwerks, did not know about suitability since he had not had the two parts together, but suspected not due to the differing part numbers. He did however say that LT specific back plates are available now.Clap 

Sure enough VWHeritage has both sides, admittedly at £95 each, but a damn sight better than the flimsy, rusty, holey and corroded-handbrake cable clutching ones I have.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 14 at 05:13
Cost me £75 from VW a few years ago but if the other side goes I'll just weld it up.
At the time there were 2 left in europe.
Worth a seach on german ebay I would think.
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

timaldiss View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timaldiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 14 at 20:37
When are we going to rise up and demand that LT 1's have their own section on VWHeritage?!
-------
I have a history of VW LT camper van addiction: http://campervanman.co.uk
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 14 at 18:56
I emailed VWHeritage, and then could not find this threadClown

Not exactly the revolution Tim was hoping for, but a positive response.

Chris Batey 

9 Aug (3 days ago)
to esales
Good morning probably Monday,

We, that is I and a few members of brick-yard, were discussing the merits of a page or a section specifically for the LT1. 

Many of the common parts from the late 70s to the mid 90s were used on our chosen vehicle too, but to find them it means putting a part number search into effect each time. Tedious.

Approximately 150 users would appreciate a nod to the t3s bigger brother.

Many thanks,
Chris,
aka LTCamper89.

Andy Gregory <AGregory@vwheritage.com>

11 Aug (1 day ago)
to me

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your email.

We are always happy to help owners of LT vans and to try and find parts for them. However for the time being at least, we are unlikely to create a section on the website for them.

The hours spent doing this, and researching each part to make sure our listings are accurate, are, in our eyes, better spent with customers on an individual basis, as and when they require parts.

It isn’t only LT vans for which we have this dilemma, more common vehicles – Polo’s, Passats etc are in a similar boat, and we haven’t been able to put the time into getting them online either.

Hopefully this explains a little into our thinking towards the current range we list online.

Best Regards

Andy

1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
lorryloader View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 14 at 10:29
Good news on the back plate's, when i need to replace will get them galvanized (i hope) Sent a similar 'e-mail ' some time back now same response ! If more on here keep nagging we will eventually get our way !Evil Smile
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
flanagantom View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flanagantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 20 at 08:22
Hi Folks , I need this part badly , seem to be gone off the face of the planet 281609425B. Can get the right side one but the left is nowhere to be found. Any help appreciated. VW LT28 florida 1990
 Post Reply Post Reply