The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Battery light

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battery light
    Posted: 29 Aug 22 at 14:41
Hello people. Just a quick question.
I have a 2008 t5 camper. The battery light is on but I have 13.v at the battery and when running its 14.4v . There is a durite 140 amp vsr could it be anything to do with this?
Cheers people.
chips dips chains n whips....
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 22 at 10:17
Could be.  It's worth taking the VSR fuse out to eliminate it.  One other possibility is a short or a break in the blue wire from the alternator.  It goes from the alternator to the J519 behind the dash.  You could disconnect it at both ends and check for continuity.  If it is a 2.5 it's a lot of work to get at though.  If you have access to VCDS see if it has a fault code and see what the battery voltage is showing live via diagnostics.

First step though- check all fuses including under the bonnet and earths including the negative battery lead on the battery, where it bolts to the body and where it joins the engine by the starter.  

There is an earth inside the E-box which can cause dash light problems but you have to take the battery right out and remove the E-box cover to get at it.  It's the one under the label but check everything while you are there including all the large fuses and their tightness.  Good luck. :)

2004 2.5 174
crewpad View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 22 at 13:07
Cool. It's a 1.9. Thanks for the info I'll get in there at the weekend and see what I can find. Thanks again mate..
chips dips chains n whips....
 Post Reply Post Reply