The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AHU Underheating

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave.arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AHU Underheating
    Posted: 24 Aug 23 at 00:48
Hello! 
My T3/T3 had a JX installed with a 5 speed. I have converted it to an AHU eTDI with the same transmission.

The JX was a little heat machine, challenging a cooling system that was sub-par. I was able to get the cooling system to accommodate the beast.

Since I have installed the AHU, I have had the opposite issue, the highest I have seen the coolant temp is 80C. I'm using a Scangauge tied into the OBD port and have verified it's readings.

I duplicated the coolant connections, including the auxiliary turbo diesel coolant pump on the AHU .

The thermostat was known good.

My thought is that the auxiliary pump is allowing enough coolant from the radiator to enter the engine coolant circuit to stop it from reaching proper temps.

I have seen some documentation where the outflow from the auxiliary pump was sent to the expansion tank circuit rather than the radiator return hose. I expect that a restrictor could help too.

Has anyone seen this issue or have suggestions?

My next step would be to pinch the auxiliary pump hose and disconnect the pump, to see what happens.
 Post Reply Post Reply