The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT2 and sprinter forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2.5L SDI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2.5L SDI
    Posted: 23 Oct 13 at 18:35
What is the SDI engine? is it just a re badged TD? I'm looking at a 1998 LT28 new style to buy
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Slow and built to stay that way
87 T3 soon to be a camper
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 13 at 18:39
From Wiki.

The SDI engine is a design of naturally aspirated (NA) direct injection diesel engine developed and produced by Volkswagen Group for use in cars and vans, along with marine engine (Volkswagen Marine)[1][2] and Volkswagen Industrial Motor[3] applications.

The SDI brand name (derived from "Suction Diesel Injection" or "Suction Diesel Direct Injection", the latter a translation of the German: Saugdiesel Direkt Einspritzung)[4][5][6] was adopted in order to differentiate between earlier and less efficient indirect injection engines, called SD[4] or "Suction Diesel", which were also produced by Volkswagen Group.

Now get back to where you belong.Wink
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
Canada LT28 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 13 at 23:55
Bloody rear seal has gone. Needs lots of bodywork. The LT gods are tempting me...... bastards
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Slow and built to stay that way
87 T3 soon to be a camper
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 13 at 13:58
It must be karma.Cry Sorry, sorry, sorry.

Just come back from a shopping trip with a slippy clutch, to the point where I could only manage 30mph in top gear.Ouch

That's my next few trips away well and truly screwed.Unhappy

I feel a new thread coming on.

1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
the brit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the brit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 13 at 22:47
I own a SDI LT35 as well at the Mk1 LT that I think we've discussed.

Solid motor, super slow compared to the TDIs, but comparable (slightly better...?) than the 6 cyl in the mk1.

I have a container coming in January if you need any motor stuff from Europe for your Mk1. I have a customer coming from Quebec for a motor tomorrow so it's not too far Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply