The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2.1 Syncro coolant woes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vwben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2.1 Syncro coolant woes
    Posted: 28 Jun 21 at 15:29
Hi All,

I've recently changed the metal coolant pipe on my 89 2.1 Syncro. Followed the coolant bleeding procedure as i have done before but this time im abit stumped!

Coolant is boiling after being left on idle (it's hot today). Hot air blows through the blower so thats a blus but the radiator fans aren't coming on even though temp is HIGH (past middle and into last quarter). I've checked the fans (bridging them) and both low and high are working.

So the radiator itself doesn't seem to get hot (par bottom corner) and system just keep boiling. I leave the headet cap off for as long as possible to let any air out but as soon as I close when it starts to rise almost over the edge it just begins to boil.

So I'm abit stumped. I guess there is alot of air in the system but i just can't seem to get it out. I run the van, put in the coolant and rev. Close the header tank and then when I open the bleed valve i get absolutely nothing bubbling.

As it stands header is full. Expansion empty and I've topped the Radiator also until it wouldn't take anymore. Anyone got any bright ideas?

Vwben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vwben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 21 at 16:00
Blocked radiator pipe... FIXED 
 Post Reply Post Reply