The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

16" chassis no

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red964 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 16" chassis no
    Posted: 10 Mar 10 at 22:24
Hi
My chassis no is ZZZ24ZJG*****
is there any way to confirm this is a 16 off the chassis no?

ta

Edited by Steve B - 10 Mar 10 at 22:30
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 10 at 22:33
I've edited your chassis number as it's not really a bright idea to advertise it on an open forum.

These may help.

red964 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red964 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 10 at 14:14
Hi Ok
np on the chassis no

The bottom arm on mine is one style (seam all the way along them) - if I compare this to Limey it has the squarer arms with the little circular impression. The arm connecting to the front is a different shape. HAving said that the rear looks fine with 16" arms. Everything else on the truck is 16" Wondering what the significance of the different type arms is.
Mine's an 88.

I havent got other pictures of the top of the strut to see if it has the reinforcements.

MINE

LIMEY

MINE REAR

Anyone spot anythign obvious here?

Looking around ive found
A 16..(1988) with what appears to be same arms as mine

A16 with Limey type arms

A14 with Limey type arms and flap(TriStar)
http://www.ppkat.com/another314.jpg

Do these front arms make any difference or are all vans a mix match - did they just change style/type on a year for all?

Is there anything on the shot of mine that can confirm 16".

red964 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red964 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 10 at 14:17
Ooh now before you point out that arm is not listed as different on 16s from 14s I was just wondering as its the only bit I can see different on mine to some other 16s

Ta
Aidan View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aidan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 10 at 17:48
arms are age dependent
early are pressed and welded steel the late ones are cast, same on 14" and 16"
what codes are the gearbox and front diff and what letter is stamped under the front diff code, and is the white sticker still under the steering wheel at knee height, if so all the build codes are on that and can be decoded
Aidan Talbot, gearboxes for watercooled engines, 4, 5 speed and syncro front and rear rebuilt. 01691 648011, 07817 377938....www.aidantalbot.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply