The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

will these fit ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: will these fit ?
    Posted: 11 Apr 14 at 21:31
newbie here to the van scene, I bought these today for 50 quid ,they are 5 x 112 with a 20 offset ,will these fit a T twenty five ok?They look kinda old school which is why I bought them . Now I haven't actually got a van yet ,but I'm shopping  and I taught they where too cheap to pass up. What size tyres work best on these? many Thanks. pictures gone awol again

Edited by leebo - 11 Apr 14 at 21:39
leebo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 14 at 21:41
what do i click on to re post the pics?
willowreilly View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willowreilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 14 at 23:06
What size are they? Photos can be a bit tricky to put up. You must resize them first. Then you can upload them. Actually its not that difficult. Your from Dublin? I know the name from some of the Irish vw sites..
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 14 at 23:51
Also don't have t2.5 in the link, swear filter turns it to t3
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

leebo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 14 at 14:10
yes from Dublin. your name looks familiar too.I've tried to reload and it doesn't work the pics are under 100 bytes ,so they should load .there s pics posted on vagdrivers in (wheels and tyres)if anybody could throw the pics up from there.Is that possible?
BeJay View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 14 at 18:00
leebo's post from vagdrivers.
I would've thought the offset is too small for a T3 especially if you're going to use spacers (which will make it even smaller) T3's are about 30 offset as standard I think.
I bought these bad boys today they are 5 x 112 offset is 20.I haven't actually got a van yet hoping to get up to see bernies wagen tomorrow.anyhoo these where cheap and I liked the look of them ,there old school looking so thats why I got them.heres a few pics anybody heard of these wheels?
Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Edited by BeJay - 13 Apr 14 at 18:06
NIL ILLIGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM
youthy giblets View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youthy giblets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 14 at 18:36
Look a lot like old Granada cosworth wheels
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 14 at 20:09
they look very similar, but the granny wheels don't have technocast casted in them and I think the ET is about 35 on granny wheels

T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
leebo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 14 at 22:44
Cheers Bejay,so a  30 e.t  is what i'm looking for then?  So is 20 further in the arches ? Also what size tyre should I be fitting with 16" wheels? thanks again folks.
light View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote light Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 14 at 09:38
You need to look at width or the wheel before deciding tyre width if 7in I would say 215-65- 16 or even 215-70-16  if eight 225
booted View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 14 at 16:47
et20 will stick out 10mm further than et 30
leebo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 14 at 19:51
cheers folks, I was getting worried I taught they where gonna catch the suspension.8J x 16 H2-OFF-20 is printed on the wheel .I'd rather have a lower profile / thinner lookin wheel ,The tyres on it now are 236/60/ 16 and they look like a truck wheel ,not pretty.
Canada LT28 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 14 at 11:22
So, if it were an 16' x 8J rim, what would be the tire size to avoid issues? 225/?

And if lifters are needed, what is the best route to go. Never done this before.
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Slow and built to stay that way
87 T3 soon to be a camper
 Post Reply Post Reply