The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will T3 seat fit in LT31 Y reg 1982?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tazz-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will T3 seat fit in LT31 Y reg 1982?
    Posted: 26 Jun 10 at 16:33
T3 seats will they fit into LT 31 y reg 1982?
Tazz-man VW LT 31, 1981-82, Y Reg, HighTop Homebuilt Camper
gusbang View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gusbang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 10 at 18:52
YesThumbs Up
T3 Doka 2.1MV
Tazz-man View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tazz-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 10 at 18:57
Well no not really, I picked up T3 seats today. The passager seat went straight in but drivers seat is about 2 inches out, on the runners. but you can move the runner on the cab floor and adjust, I hope.
icky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 10 at 23:57
Yeah, I was just gonna post that; the drivers' side seat on the LT is a little bit narrower than a T3 because of the engine.

To be honest - I ran mine for 6 months with just the door-side runner in and the other side resting on the engine; and then finally modded the seat base by moving the runner.
Engine cranes = the ultimate tool to test the tensile strength of Everything you didn't disconnect!

- 2000 MK4 Golf GT TDi
- 1994 LT Panel Van
- 1997 LT Minibus
- 1984 Volvo/VanHool Alizee
Tazz-man View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tazz-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 10 at 05:42
Thumbs UpLOL that is exactly what I'm doing! It just looks like the runner has to be on the other side of the seat base. I'm going to cut off and put on other side asap. Thanks
icky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 10 at 22:19

I fitted captains seats (with armrests) to mine - so I left the outer (door side) runner in the same place and modded the inside (engine side) one to suit; I could have moved the outer one, but that would have lead to clearance issues between the armrest and the door!

Engine cranes = the ultimate tool to test the tensile strength of Everything you didn't disconnect!

- 2000 MK4 Golf GT TDi
- 1994 LT Panel Van
- 1997 LT Minibus
- 1984 Volvo/VanHool Alizee
 Post Reply Post Reply