The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whistle stop strips help needed!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badgerinspace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whistle stop strips help needed!
    Posted: 20 Aug 20 at 18:47
Hi everyone. 

I acquired these whistle stops a coupe of years ago in the hope they might reduce some of the infamous front door wind noise on our Holdsworth Camper.

Please note: For some reason I can't upload the photobucket link for the photos i'll keep trying?

Only just got round to looking at them properly......I've really no idea how or where they fit? Disapprove

They're clearly for the lower part of the door & fitting will obviously require some drilling. They're handed obviously but I don't even know which side is which!?

Do they fit to the door or the  ' a' post?

If anyone has a photo that would be fantastic. Thumbs UpThe rubber is in good nick  & the retaining strips just need cleaning up & painting or powder coating. (Once I've worked out where they go)!

Oh....and does anyone know if they actually DO reduce wind noise?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Howard

912 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 20 at 23:18
they fit to the A pillar , you need a spacer between the bottom mounting ( m6 nut) 

Got them on mine , not sure if they help 
badgerinspace View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badgerinspace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 20 at 13:08
Thanks very much for that. Thumbs Up

Is there any chance you might be able to take a photo please?

Thanks, Howard
 Post Reply Post Reply