The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedwhere is everyone...?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Topic: where is everyone...?
    Posted: 30 Apr 07 at 10:07
Been really quiet in here over the weekend. I suppose you lot were out enjoying the sun whilst I was WORKING...

Mr Hedgehog, how did you fare on your new toy? I heard there was some good surf about - well on the West Coast anyway.
Mr Hedgehog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 07 at 10:49

Originally posted by orangina orangina wrote:

I was WORKING...

I understand the weekend working; I had to work last weekend Censored

I was here this weekend

">

We went camping down the South coast the sea was as flat as a billiard table so I thought I would practice my paddling Saturday I went from Charmouth to West Bay and back, then on Sunday I went from Kimmeridge Bay to Lulworth Cove and back, the Kayak is good fun and even Mrs HH had a go , It was like you where with me to start with Orangina I could hear your advice as I set off ”get in the Kayak in knee deep water & exit on the seaward side”

Now I got back into paddling, playing in the surf is next on the list and have been reading the Kayak Surfing book at bedtimeGeek so I will be an expertLOL, where would you recommend Orangina for nice easy surf but not many people around

Jumped Ship to a Vito but I hear a 2021 T6 calling, only real difference is the Vito cab is more car like.
Fifty pence View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 07 at 19:25

I,m here Orangina.

I just feel like a bit of a " lurker " now though !!.

Ive been busy getting things ready for the scheduled arrival " by the sun roof " of my next " piglet " on the 8th May. ( the first ones not even a year old yet !!! )

When i say " getting things ready " i obviously mean ply lining and fitting out the new van !!.

2002 Discovery TD5
2007 Vivaro 2.0 CTDI
2004 T5 front bumper
orangina View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 07 at 21:54

[/QUOTE]

I understand the weekend working; I had to work last weekend Censored

[/QUOTE]

HH,
SO DID I...

Glad you got out in the boat and pleased you enjoyed it! How's your aches and pains?
Still can't give any help on the South Coast mate but perhaps these guys can help:

http://magicseaweed.com/UK-Ireland-Surf-Forecast/1/

Fifty,

No mate you're not a lurker, I'm sure all here that know you will still value your input, especially as you've owned a T5 for longer than most on this site so far and experienced more problems than most too.

I still haven't seen your Ex at VANKERS, St Ives - I even drove around their property t'other day just to check (I had to go to Jones' Marina just opposite).

Keep us posted on all developments - sprogs & van

Fifty pence View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 07 at 22:38

I heard a whisper that the old van will on the Vindis forecourt soon.

Just wait to see what its up for !!.

( not that i care, it,ll be someone elses problem !! ).

2002 Discovery TD5
2007 Vivaro 2.0 CTDI
2004 T5 front bumper
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 07 at 23:24

Orangina, I am surprisingly ache and pain free I think it must be all the weight lifting I do a ¼ pounder cheese burger in one hand and pork pie in the other a total body work outBig smile

I was hoping you could recommend somewhere in Wales as I’m am thinking of taking a trip over the bridge not this coming weekend but the one after, my thinking is that it will be less crowded than Cornwall and North Devon and the locals are more friendly “in my experience in the holiday season”

The Magicsea weed link is great, Thanks again O

Fifty don’t go all shy mate you must be one of the most experienced T5 exT5 owners on here, have you changed your new van much yet?Smile

Jumped Ship to a Vito but I hear a 2021 T6 calling, only real difference is the Vito cab is more car like.
orangina View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 07 at 17:27
HH,
Well there are some very good and popular surf beaches around The Gower - Llangennith ('Gennith), Rhosilli Bay etc
Further west into South Pembrokeshire you have the brilliant Freshwater West but that is not really for novices as it does have strong rips.

A good west facing beach is Newgale  - 2.5 miles long, at low tide, it is big enough even in the height of summer to accomodate kayaksurfers, surf boarderss, body boarderss, wind surfers, kite surfers, swimmers and paddlers.
The beach it self sees power kiters, kite boarders, kite buggies, but it is usually fairly empty in the middle.
Facilities are basic - The Sands Cafe (with showers), pub and shop at the North end.
The Pebbles Cafe at South end.
Public Loos either end and one in the middle (ish)

Dog free in the middle (between the two flags). Dogs allowed either end.
Best access for kayaks is at the North End (by the Pebbles Cafe - large free car park and a boardwalk over the pebble bank.
http://www.newsurf.co.uk - this is the link to the shop - ignore the surf report and daily photo though!)

Broad Haven (6 miles south of Newgale) is smaller and more sheltered - good if it's a bit rough at Newgale but crowded in good weather.

Whitesands ( North of Newgale 12 - 14 miles?) good surf beach but small and crowded with boards and swimmers.

Ummm, guess where I'm going this weekend!!!

Edited by orangina
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 07 at 16:44

Barry Island?Tongue

Newgale sounds superb I might even bump into you in a couple of weekends timeSmile, but I will try and make sure it's not in the surf Embarrassed 

Thanks for the info O  

Van Rouge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 07 at 16:55

We were on Gran Canaria where we spotted a number of VW vans T4s and T5s. Panel vans, Crew cab, Multivan, Caravelle and California. Some of the TDI logos had the 'I' coloured blue and not the red that we have.

Now we are back home in Wales the weather is just as hot as there with no breeze and we have to work to get the garden in trim again!

T5 130 104TDi PD shuttle home camper conversion
Freeley View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 07 at 20:53
Originally posted by Van Rouge Van Rouge wrote:

We were on Gran Canaria where we spotted a number of VW vans T4s and T5s. Panel vans, Crew cab, Multivan, Caravelle and California. Some of the TDI logos had the 'I' coloured blue and not the red that we have.

I was behind a T5 this morning that had a blue "I".

What's the significance of it? It had a standard UK number plate

orangina View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 07 at 09:02
Originally posted by Mr Hedgehog Mr Hedgehog wrote:

Barry Island?Tongue

Newgale sounds superb I might even bump into you in a couple of weekends timeSmile, but I will try and make sure it's not in the surf Embarrassed 

Thanks for the info O  

Running about 12 hours late but the van is packed - kayaks, rib, barbeque - sure there's something missing - oh yes, Mrs O) and we're off to Newgale for just over two weeks  
You lot take care and behave! 'specially you Aussies

Anyone down Newgale over this period look out for Blue T5 (85) with a shed full of plastic ducks on the dash and a Orange T3 panel van with Green front badge 9ditto with the ducks )...

shogun2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 07 at 05:13

You lot take care and behave! 'specially you Aussies

Why?
 Post Reply Post Reply