The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where can I get a swing-out table from?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex-car bloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where can I get a swing-out table from?
    Posted: 25 May 10 at 20:59
This is the thing that attaches to the B-post, consisting of a steel round section bar bent at 90 degrees, which clips on and off, as does the top.
Like this one (for an old T3) but for the T5.  I've seen them on line but can't recall who was selling them.

ECB           2006 SWB 174 window van
Ex-car bloke View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex-car bloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 10 at 21:05
This is it.  On the left.

roadmark69 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadmark69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 10 at 21:52
I think it is on the reimo site
Mark Coates - Purveyor of mats for T3, T4 and T5 - E-mail - 07917542685
http://www.megavanmats.com/
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex-car bloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 10 at 09:27
Thanks matey, found it and ordered one from Concept Multi Car, £49 + shipping.

Cheers!
BlackBeltBlakey View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBeltBlakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 10 at 14:13
How does that fit into the van?  It sounds like something I could do with.
2007 130PS SWB Pearl Black Kombi. My Van Blog.
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex-car bloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 10 at 16:50
They're brilliant pieces of space usage, Blakey.  The bracket fits to the B-post and the support and top stow easily when not in use.  I'll take pics of the install and put it on a thread. 
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBeltBlakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 10 at 17:09
Sounds like it might be just the ticket - looking forward to some pics and explanation!
marksabs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marksabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 10 at 08:34
I've been using mine for a few years now and I think it's excellent.

All you have to do is permanently mount is the bracket onto something sturdy like a kitchen unit or in my case the wooden board at the bottom of a 333 seat. The bracket can be seen at the bottom of the table leg in the top picture. It can be any height (within reason) as long as it's plum.

When you want to set the table up you just slide the table leg through the bracket until it touches the floor then tighten the big black nut. The table top screws onto the leg with a single black nut. It takes seconds to put up or down.

The thing I really like about it is that it can be swivelled into just about any position as there are 3 points of swivel (the bracket, the table leg inside the bracket and the table top).

My only problem is what to do with the leg and top when not in use. I think it should be possible to mount or embed it onto the sliding door but getting round to trying is another matter.

50 quid sounds like a bargain too, I think I paid more than that
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex-car bloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 10 at 12:03
Good to hear that, Mark.

Here's a better pic to explain where it's to be located on my van.  This is a slightly different model.  The model I'm getting has a lower profile bracket under the table top than the one in the photo, for easier stowage.

Edited by Ex-car bloke - 27 May 10 at 12:03
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBeltBlakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 10 at 12:28
So, from what I understand, you permanently attach the bracket to the base of the pillar there and the rest of the stuff stays out of the van.  Then when you want to use the table (for me that's camping weekends) you simply drop the table leg into the bracket and screw it tight with the black screw head, then attach the table top to the leg and bob's your mother's brother.

Right?
marksabs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marksabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 10 at 12:54
Pretty much. I normally only set it up when I stop though. It's quite strong but I don't know how well it would handle a drive - as that bar is quite long it might vibrate a bit.

ECB, sounds like my model is the same as yours (slightly different to the pic)
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBeltBlakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 10 at 14:31
How easy is it to fix the bracket to the pillar?
Mr Hedgehog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Hedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 10 at 23:04
Good find, i've been thinking of a table on a rail attached to my units but this might be an better way to go. Going to have to think about this one
Jumped Ship to a Vito but I hear a 2021 T6 calling, only real difference is the Vito cab is more car like.
marksabs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marksabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 10 at 08:30
blakey, I haven't fitted it to the pillar so not sure. the fitting to wood looks easy - just four bolts I think. Not sure what they'd use for the pillar - rivets or self tappers?
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBeltBlakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 10 at 16:40
ECB?  Have you received/fitted yours yet?
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex-car bloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 10 at 20:34
Bloomin' thing hasn't been delivered yet!!  I must remember to chase them up.  Been too busy making the damned van cabinets to think about anything else!! LOL

Will provide a step by step photo report whether people want it or not! Geek 
drycamper View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drycamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 10 at 22:13
I have 2 tables, one similar and you can also get this extension, which gives loads more flexibility

You can move it all over the place, next to your worktop, over the seat or by the doors

I store table tops & brackets here when not in use.

They are still my favourite part of the conversion. It was done by Middlesex Motorcaravans

T5 T30 130 LWB Manual, VW Factory Hi-Roof, High rear twin doors 56 reg
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBeltBlakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 10 at 08:37
ECB, did you get your table from CMC and what is it like?   I can't see the pictures you've posted in this thread for some reason.

Cheers!
Blakey
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex-car bloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 10 at 09:15
Originally posted by BlackBeltBlakey BlackBeltBlakey wrote:

ECB, did you get your table from CMC and what is it like?   I can't see the pictures you've posted in this thread for some reason.

Cheers!
Blakey

Hi Blakey,  yes, those pics were linked to Jerba and for some reason don't now display on the forum, not sure why.

Anyhoo...I've not made the table top yet although I have fitted the brackets for the removeable swing out arm.  I need to make the top before we go away for a long weekend, in about 10 days time so hopefully will get some piccies up on here before then.

What's it like, you ask?  Crude is the best term for it.  Crude but probably quite effective and strong, so that's okay.    
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBeltBlakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 10 at 09:46
Err, "made" the table top?   Doesn't it come with one?   Or are you just making a better one, because you can?

Worth the money?   As I recall it was £50 plus delivery?  

And can you easily use it when you swivel the front two seats around?   We don't have back seats so we want it to be used by the front two captains seats when swivelled.

We have a picnic/camping table which we put into the van when going camping.  I'd like something that was in there all the time.  Plus I believe it's another one of those features you need to make your van count as a camper for re-registering purposes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>