The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What's that part infront of glow plug 1?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster LT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's that part infront of glow plug 1?
    Posted: 22 Mar 20 at 10:45

What's that part next to / infront of glow plug 1 on the cylinder head? It looks like a glowplug or sensor. Mine has nothing attached to it and I'm just curious wtf is it? Anyone have an ID? Perhaps it's 028919081H ???
Cheers.

Edited by Monster LT - 22 Mar 20 at 22:57
LT45-TD-ACL-intercooler-4x4-1993
Monster LT View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster LT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 20 at 23:24
So according to diagrams it seems it's 028919081H the oil pressure sensor and it should have a cable to the thermal switch 251919369F.
I need to investigate this further...

Edited by Monster LT - 22 Mar 20 at 23:41
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster LT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 20 at 16:57

No wire attached. It doesn't look like the oil pressure sensor. The sensor switch on the coolant hose has all it's wires also so nothing loose. Anyone with an ACL care to compare?
nooberdoober View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nooberdoober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 20 at 22:45
I can say that it looks to be identical water temp sensor that's mounted in the coolant jacket on the rear of the head on mine. Same item positioned differently on the Diesel?
I got me a 2.4 straight Six......and it's a soundin JUICY!

1984 LT40 2.4 petrol Coachbuilt Autotrail Motorhome
jon_huw View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon_huw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 20 at 07:32
It is a coolant temp sensor. I'm pretty sure the one on the rear of the head (injector pump end) is exactly the same type/part number. On my Lts the one on the rear goes to the glow plug relay and the one you are looking at is the coolant gauge/instrument cluster temp sensor.
jon_huw View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon_huw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 20 at 07:36
Sorry forgot to add that my Lts, 1985/1987 don't have the temp sensors in the coolant pipe so the one you are looking at is probably irrelevant/not needed. Cheers 
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster LT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 20 at 11:24
Yep. Looks like a sensor that's not being used so it's just a plug for the coolant jacket. I've seen a mates ACL and it simply has a plug in place.

Edited by Monster LT - 01 May 20 at 11:24
 Post Reply Post Reply