The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedwhat engine would be best for me???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: what engine would be best for me???
    Posted: 22 Apr 07 at 20:06

what engine would be best for me???

i'll be going to 'n' from ireland twice a year & probobly weekends in this country/shows etc, maybe even places in europe if i get confident!!!!!

i'm a bit of a old car nut & tend to buy cars now & then so may need somthing that has towing power

obviously i want to keep to the best econamy engine i can for the purpose & reliabuility is paramount, & something easy to work on, it'll be used on a daily basis sometimes too if my daily car is off the road

what do you guys think is best choice for me as looking at the vans at bustypes today i know what bodytype/interiour/wheel&suspension choice i want but not engine, i feel confused on this score

cheerz all

i'm sell what i have to get me a T3/t3 to travel the uk & ireland
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 07 at 12:25

for simplicity aircooled 2000.

for towing 2.1 petrol.

for economy 1.6td.

not much help really!!!!

Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

newdubber View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 07 at 16:56

i'm not familier with the flat four engine at all so i dont really know how they behave to drive compared to a inline four/v6/v8 etc etc

i mean most diesels are a torquey motor from low down so ar good tow vehicles but has the 1.6 td got the umph as the T3/t3 is heaver than a family 4 door saloon (dont worry i know the diesel is'nt a flat four :OP)

i seen a few people leaving at bustypes with T3/t3's towing but did'nt have to chance to ask what engines they had running in theres, i presume in a towing situ the engine's working harder so an aircooled might not be the best option or should i try to get a turbo diesel van, is the 1.9 diesel any good or should i focus towards a waterboxer petrol

i'm sell what i have to get me a T3/t3 to travel the uk & ireland
AndySimpson View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Mister Jager!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 07 at 18:55
Originally posted by newdubber newdubber wrote:

i'm not familier with the flat four engine at all so i dont really know how they behave to drive compared to a inline four/v6/v8 etc etc

i mean most diesels are a torquey motor from low down so ar good tow vehicles but has the 1.6 td got the umph as the T3/t3 is heaver than a family 4 door saloon (dont worry i know the diesel is'nt a flat four :OP)

i seen a few people leaving at bustypes with T3/t3's towing but did'nt have to chance to ask what engines they had running in theres, i presume in a towing situ the engine's working harder so an aircooled might not be the best option or should i try to get a turbo diesel van, is the 1.9 diesel any good or should i focus towards a waterboxer petrol

Mine has had 3 engines 1.9dg waterboxer hopeless for towing, audi 5 cylinder much better but lacking at low revs, 1.9td excellent for towing.
 Post Reply Post Reply