The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Jumble > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vw T3 Panel Van £2000

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackbythehedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vw T3 Panel Van £2000
    Posted: 11 Jan 18 at 01:06
With deep regret that I have to sell my van . I managed to find this beauty in a garage in London where it had been stored since 1994 !!!!! With original white logbook and tax disc still in place . 2 previous owners and 1 key fits all locks

This van belonged to a brick lane market trader who had the van from new . Unfortunately he began to lose his eyesight and had a couple of scrapes in the van with parked cars. His family took his license and keys away and the van was put in his garage in 1994 . He sadly passed away in 2012 and estate sold which included the van . This is where I stepped in and bought it . If was moth balled and the tyres squared off from sitting there for 18 years . I trailered it home and stored it for a while and worked on it recommissioning it included replacing fuel lines , emptying and cleaning out the fuel tank , replacing all the brake components including black diamond braided hoses, black diamond grooves front discs , new calipers , new rear drums and shoes and replacing the wheels with genuine Porsche 996 turbo twist with load rated tyres . The 2.0 litre type 4 engine was recommissioned and serviced . This work was done around 2 years ago . I also had a Turbo Thomas 4 into 1 merged header with turbo muffler fitted which sounds absolutely amazing and made me smile every time I drove the van(http://www.turbothomas.com/home) this cost me a fortune .

Wheels widths are 7.5 at the front and 9 on the back with correct et offset and have 20 mm space adapters and genuine serial numbers and centre caps- they need a refurb as they are scratched and one of them is curbed . The tyres are load rated winter rated with tons of tread . I also have a Porsche space saver spare wheel

The reason why I love this van was the originality including dealer sticker and number plates with dealer logo from where it was purchased , the dash has never been cut for a stereo as he didn't has one fitted from new and still has original blanking plate. This is one of the most unmolested solid straight vans that I could find and not hiding any dodgy repairs - what you see is what you get . Original paint and interior including seats ,headliner in the cab and rubber mats

With being in a garage for so long the scrapes rusted but are still solid and have a great patina about them like the bumpers . It's a solid van in all the right places included seam and cab steps and floor. It was undersealed from new and the chassis is still great condition underneath including jacking points and cross members . The front panel at the bottom where these van usually rot is solid as a rock , there is a little rust around the windscreen at the bottom. When I brought the van to Cornwall I clear wax oiled the rust spots and scrapes to try and stop them rusting anymore with the climate living next to the sea And haven't washed the van since so may look even better once it's had some tlc. The sliding door mech has dried out so making it difficult to open and close but I'll give it a spray with wd40 and lube the runner. The front cab doors shut sweet with a real solid vw feel

The Mot ran out in October and I have not moved if off my drive since as I have putting all my time, money and energy into my bay window . I haven't started it all winter or moved it so the rear drums have probably seized. I am selling as a project and I can't give any guarantee that the engine is running - I am going to get some new fuel this weekend and turn it over and see how it is

Please come and view , I can pick you up from Newquay airport or Truro train station if needed

Bottom of sliding door will need a repair and it's does have some lumps bumps and bruises but ouzes character and I think a set of lowering spring and it would be a unique head turning van . Not many air cooled T3 panel vans that are original and not been cut for windows , also I think this is the only T3 with a Turbo Thomas muffler on. The gearbox and clutch was sweet as a nut before I laid it up and slick to drive ( much better than my t2)

I have tried to think of everything and will be taking more pictures . Please message me if you have any question and I have tried to honest as to not waste people's time so I would appreciate people not to waste my time I am listing to sell as I need the space and don't have time to work on it. All in all I am pleased to have been a custodian of this van and will be sad to see it leave but I want to pass it on to someone who will give it more love and attention .

*** no ebay links sorry chap ***

£2000

Call 07595119259

Edited by jason k - 12 Jan 18 at 15:19
Bobsta13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 18 at 21:10
Hi mate is van still for sale
 Post Reply Post Reply