The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Jumble > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VW LT31 Westfalia Florida 1991 118k miles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobolicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VW LT31 Westfalia Florida 1991 118k miles
    Posted: 01 Jun 20 at 23:42
For sale is our much-loved VW LT31 Westfalia Florida campervan.
Looking for £13999 or offers close to that. 

The van is in Tonbridge, Kent.
Haven't hosted photos, so please get in touch if you are interested. I can let you have any info you require. An ad is also present on Gumtree.

Owned by us since 2015. The previous owner imported it from Germany. Prior to him there was one owner in Germany. The van comes with lots of history from both the UK and Germany, and import docs though not speaking German I am afraid I cannot offer too much detail. All history is present though. Will be fully cleaned inside and out prior to buyer collecting.

1991 (H-reg), 2.4 turbodiesel (this is very important – earlier models were non-turbos!) 
184,000km (only 115,000 miles) so the dependable VW unit is barely broken in.
5-speed manual. MOT October 2020, left-hand drive, CD/Radio with front and rear speakers. 6 belted seats. 5 metres long so can park in a standard parking bay This is a fantastic campervan with the excellent Westfalia coachbuilt interior in good condition.  Original key present.

To note are a couple of rust points, the worst of which is around one rear quarter. I had the entire windscreen panel replaced and welded/sprayed in 2015.
It is a large 4-berth although the upper bed is big enough for 3 children and has been used as such before. 
Fully winterised with extra insulation, double glazed Perspex windows with blind (not currently fitted) and curtains – including cab curtain, independent heating, 3-way fridge, gas cooker hob with 2 burners, hot water boiler, full wet room with shower, sink and toilet, mirror with light. Hot running water and bathroom is a brilliant extra feature of the LT conversion. Twin rear seats on Variotech rails which allows forward facing twin seats and flip to create a dining area with a small side table or a larger clip on one. This also converts into a double bed. Underneath one of the rear seats is a large storage unit and in the other a 100l water tank plus double leisure battery, 240v mains supply and charger unit. This is all controlled from a single unit at the rear of the van. Underslung LPG gas system easily filled at lots of petrol stations. This gas is for cooking, hot water and has an outlet for a gas BBQ point. There is 12v strip lighting throughout (some have been converted to LEDs to save power). The dildo is really well designed with a sink, masses of storage space for food, cutlery and plates. There is also a rear door and step, which is great at night to save opening the side sliding door. There are cupboards for clothes and seat pockets for books and activities. The cupboard space in the LT conversion is incredibly helpful providing space for all your holiday requirements. 
Outside there is a wind-out awing which runs the full length of the vehicle. Under the step is a compartment filled with tools, electric hook up cable, LPG filling adaptors to use in the UK and in the rest of Europe.

BAD POINTS:
As mentioned, there is some rust that will need attention at some point around the fuel filler area.
Inside, there are covers in place on the seats. These are very tatty but have protected the originally seats fabric nicely so they remain in good order.
As far as I know, the Eberspacher heating still works. I have certainly used it before. However unless you are in the depths of winter I have never found it necessary. When I tested it on the spring it came on and then cut out a couple of times and I think I concluded there was a likely fusing issues, though I am afraid I have not investigated since then. The hot water does work though, meaning restorative hot showers at festivals etc!    
One of the rock and roll bed catches is sometimes stiff preventing it from locking straightaway. This improves with oil and some manipulation.
I took off the near-side window blind for repair, which I never did. It is present but I have been using a curtain instead since then. 

We are located in Tonbridge, Kent. Test drives are in theory possible but obviously we need to observe social distancing norms rules, so cash in hand/ temporary bank transfer prior please.

Payment by bank transfer only please. Delivery may be possible though by arrangement subject to prior discussion .

timaldiss View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timaldiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 20 at 16:05
Sorry to see that you are selling but good luck with the sale. I'd say you've priced that to sell quickly :)
-------
I have a history of VW LT camper van addiction: http://campervanman.co.uk
bobolicious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobolicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 20 at 12:19
Many thanks Tim! Coming from you that is appreciated. 
Apepriductions View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apepriductions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 20 at 06:08
hi is this still available?
Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply