The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Usable OEM wheels on T3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porkdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Usable OEM wheels on T3
    Posted: 06 Dec 04 at 20:10

Heres some information on wheel fitments that may be of use.
Its a list of OEM wheel fitments suitable or adaptable to the T3. Where suitable I have added notes on work needed to fit them.

AUDI
Model P.C.D. Offset C/Bore
100 (90>) 5 x 112 35...42 57.0
A4, A6, A8, V8, S2, S4, S6 5 x 112 35 57.0
Notes: Offset usable but small centre bore diameter means a need to machine the front wheels.

FORD
Scorpio 5 x 112 35...38 63.3
Galaxy 5 x 112 42...45 57.0
Notes: Offset usable but small centre bore diameter on Galaxy means a need to machine the front wheels.

MERCEDES
All (except below) 5 x 112 35...42 66.5
SL models 5 x 112 18...25 66.5
A Class, Vito 5 x 112 45...50 66.5
Sprinter 5 x 130 45
Vito/ML 16"x6.5J/PCD 5x112/ET47/Bore 66.5
ML -2/2002 16" 5x112 62 66.5
ML 2/2002- 17" 5x112 52 66.5
Notes: Good choice of usable offsets, centre bore adequate. Sprinter wheels require Porsche adapters. ML wheels require spacers, particularly at the front due to offset. Reports coming in that ML wheels use the 14mm ball taper standard.

PORSCHE
911, 924, 930, 944 >86 5 x 130 25 71.5
911 Carrera 2/4, 928, 944 87>, 964, 968, 993 5 x 130 45 71.5
Notes: High offsets but with adapters many choices of style available.

SEAT
Alhambra 5 x 112 35...38 57.0
Notes: Offset usable but small centre bore diameter means a need to machine the front wheels.

VOLKSWAGEN
Caravelle, Passat 96>, Sharan, Transporter 5 x 112 35...40 57.0

Edited by porkdub
Phantomflanner View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phantomflanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 04 at 20:30

what about Audi 80...oh, they were 4 stud... shut up me

I am searching for "turbo" vein alloys/steels... aka A Team van!   Sad, but what the hell

Bah... AAZ my spotty botty
cunning plan View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Prince of The Darkness

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cunning plan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 04 at 21:14
Originally posted by Phantomflanner Phantomflanner wrote:

what about Audi 80...oh, they were 4 stud... shut up me

I am searching for "turbo" vein alloys/steels... aka A Team van!   Sad, but what the hell

When you find some let me know  

Im not a forum anorack, im just at work ;)

porkdub View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porkdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 04 at 22:54
Aren't they Compomotive Turbo?
porkdub View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porkdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 04 at 22:43
Updated with Mercedes ML information
Mick View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
1st class subject changer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 04 at 00:19

One of brickys mates has turboveins on his,looks well cool,sure someone will have a pic somewhere

Think theres a picture in the wheel page actually

Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 04 at 21:22

I've pinned this thread.

gather as much as you can.

Mind the dross and I'll stick it in the useful threads when done.

Simon.

Arc Eye View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arc Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 04 at 20:22

Hi porkdub

Just got me some Audi TT rims and am wondering how much the centre bore needs opening to and is this for the front wheels only? Also what about the wheels bolts? What do I need there? Thanks

When all else fails, read the instructions.
porkdub View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porkdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 04 at 20:32

As far as I know TT wheels don't bolt straight on.

The PCD (at least for some is the same as the Audi A3 - 5x100) is wrong.

I'll have a check around but unless they are machined or theres another pattern for the TT you will run into bother.

porkdub View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porkdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 04 at 20:36

Here you go:

AUDI A3 and TT -

PCD(bolt pattern): 5x100
ET(offset): 3
5, 38
CENTRE BORE: 57.1

Looks like you might have to get some adapters made up.

Arc Eye View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arc Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 04 at 20:51

OH GOD DONT SAY THAT! Nearly dropped one in my shorts then but just checked the PCD

These are dual drilled for 5 x 100 or 5 x 112 PCD. Never come across this before but here's hoping.

So, what should the standard centre bore be then on a T3? By how much will I have to open up the TT rims? Any thought on nuts or  bolts? I have fitted Porsche rims to my beetle and they were a nightmare to sort out so was hoping to miss out on going the adapter route.

Oh b***ocks! I'm not the first to do this on here am I? Somebody help!

porkdub View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porkdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 04 at 08:20

Perhaps they aren't TT rims as supplies as standard? Rather they are Audi's own TT 'style' rims for other models (like a dealer upgrade for the A3?).

Either way its cool you have the right PCD. The centre bore will need to be 66mm. Its probably 57mm at the mo, but check!

This seems to be an issue mainly on the front wheel, so you might ba able to overcome it by doing the 10mm spacer.

You could try fitting some 10mm thick nuts behind the wheel and checking clearance over the wheel centre.

Just sounds like a day of fettling or some machining.

Arc Eye View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arc Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 04 at 20:30

Yeah it does sound like a dealer upgrade. Either that or a cost cutting exercise at the factory.

Opening the centre bore by 8.5mm - is this a good idea? It just seems a bit much in this case. I havent even seen the wheels in the flesh yet but this does sound like a lot to cut out dont you think?

Arc Eye View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arc Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 04 at 17:50

Got my wheels yesterday and fitted the tyres.

I have fitted one to the rear but the T3 wheel studs seem a tad short. Also, any ideas on the type of wheel nut I should be using as I am not 100% that the taper on the T3 STD wheel nut matches the wheel. The wheels I bought supposodly come from an Audi RS4 and they use wheelbolts not nuts.

For general info the wheel is 17 x 7.5 x ET38 and is dual drilled for 5 x 100 or 5 x 112. Looks well cool Apart from reminding me I have a gap of 14cm from tyre to arch Lowering job next then.

Markings on the rear of the wheel are, LK100-112, PCD?, TAM038, ET/Offset?, 7.5x17H2 and of course, Made in Germany.

Any help on the taper angle for the wheel nuts or what nuts are needed, gratefully received.

FYI, I went to another VW dealer today, not my usual one, to ask for an Audi TT wheelbolt/nut. He says, Car registration? Chassis number? Type of car? Are you sure? WTF??? To be fair once I told him what was going on he became human again but regrettably they dont carry stock.

porkdub View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porkdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 04 at 18:25

Should think the taper on the Audi is the same as the standard VW pattern nuts.

I would recommend longer studs/bolts etc as the VW ones are very small indeed!

Hue Littlschit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hue Littlschit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 05 at 00:12
Who wanted a picture of some Turob's on a T3,,,,,,
"A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on "
Ollie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 05 at 16:00

Porsche Design 90's with adaptors 16x6 52mm offset. 205/55 on the front, 225/50 on the rear, bus is properly low, no rubbing to date. Sliding door clears rear tyre easily.

Will be trial fitting porsche 928 slots, 16x7 65mm offset all round with the same tyre sizes as above. Last bus they went on fitted fine at the back, but the fronts rubbed the inside of the rim on part of the suspension... need to look into this one. Will post findings soon!

Ollie

dubber View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 05 at 17:06

Good Thread,

Could someone tell me what offset teledials are 7j x 15 and 6j x 15

Ollie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 05 at 17:09

52mm unless you got the early ones [you don't want these!] which are 23mm. Should be stamped on the rim by the tyre valve or on the inside somewhere.

Ollie

porkdub View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porkdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 05 at 20:59

I'll update the main post this weekend with that info and any more I can find on Porker rims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>