The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ur Van

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 38>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigdaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 14 at 15:23
I must admit im liking the space in the LT dont think I'm ready to get rid of my 71 tin top yet so the single cab might be going.
A bit of a change for me. Ive been messing around with air cooled stuff for years but never really looked at LTs before
I dont know anything about these conversions but I got it for a good price I think so just took a chance,need to sort out a few minor issues and get Camping
lorryloader View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 14 at 16:04
Now you got a proper van !Wink
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
timaldiss View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timaldiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 14 at 18:29
Here's my new girl:

Saw her online in Germany, flew out to Munich, test drove, bought her, got the export plates and drove her all the way back in 24 hours :) 

-------
I have a history of VW LT camper van addiction: http://campervanman.co.uk
MudMonkey View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MudMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 14 at 15:29
HI Folks

Just joined up to the forum, so I thought I would let you all know that ours is a

1993 LT35 2.4d  Camper,

we have only just got it, and I will be busy sorting it all out, ready to get away when we can

Questions to follow

Cheers
Living the dream in France with wife and 3 dogs
1 x 1993 LT 35 2.4d
1 x Discovery
1 X Merc estate
jimmycadillac View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmycadillac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 14 at 02:01
Hey guys
I'm new here so be nice, I'm mad into yank stuff but always seem to own a VW :)

Just bought this with a defect notice and a broken windscreen, weve got it running and are leaving to do a 10000km round trip in about 7 days (hopefully), ive got my work cut out.
Not going to paint it till I get back but am fitting whitewalls and smoothie caps. Shes a factory camper with toilet and shower circa 1976, I'm mad into cars and its the only one I've ever seen over here.

Wish me luck ClapClapClap

Canada LT28 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 14 at 11:40
Nice one. Not seen the roof like that before nor the front bar.

As for liking amurrika stuff, we just MIGHT forgive you since you have this beast.

I'll have a pint of Porter please (belly up to the bar and buy a round)Tongue
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Slow and built to stay that way
87 T3 soon to be a camper
snappa View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 14 at 12:31
Welcome mudmonkey & jimmy cadillac to the world of the mk1 LT, its the best VW there is, I am on my 3rd one & might get another. Best thing about them is the fact its a cabover design so your feet are in front of the wheels & the size, not cramped when your camping. Hey Timaldiss glad you come back to the LT, love the Florida with the massive awning & the storage box, mind me asking how much it was ?
91 LT31 2.4 LWB Devon bus 13,000 mls,   85 LT31 2.4, LWB Camper conversion.           88 BX GTI 34,000
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 14 at 14:05
Yes welcome mudmonkey and jimmycadillac i agree with snappa and as canadalt28 says have not seen roof or bullbars like that before Thumbs Up
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmycadillac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 14 at 02:44
the bull bars a ford falcon one turned up side down, its now on the junk pile :). re the roof, yeah its odd but looks factory, theres no joins or marks to say its custom.

oh and regarding those American cars, you guys would drool over my mild custom Cadillac :)
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 14 at 18:31
guess what  there is a lt28 for sale here in Ireland with same roof !
fistfull294 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fistfull294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 14 at 18:43
Mine has the  same roof as yours !
OWNER OF A 1979 VW LT 28 CAMPER
timaldiss View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timaldiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 14 at 20:13
About £7k all in. Write up here: http://loftsites.co.uk/campervans/vw-lt-westfalia-florida.html
-------
I have a history of VW LT camper van addiction: http://campervanman.co.uk
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmycadillac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 14 at 00:48
Originally posted by fistfull294 fistfull294 wrote:

Mine has the  same roof as yours !

Photo or a link would be kooolSmileSmileSmile
fistfull294 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fistfull294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 14 at 18:15
Dont no how to upload pic to here ?
OWNER OF A 1979 VW LT 28 CAMPER
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 14 at 18:31
Here you go
http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/posting-pics-the-alternative_topic20055.html
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

jamesherald View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesherald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 14 at 13:20
1992 LT28 2.4TD LWB high top ex ambulance home conversion. Owned nearly 10 years & just scraped through last MOT hehehehe
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 14 at 13:36
Originally posted by jamesherald jamesherald wrote:

1992 LT28 2.4TD LWB high top ex ambulance home conversion. Owned nearly 10 years & just scraped through last MOT hehehehe

welcome to the club james's  what were the advisories ?
Tongue
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesherald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 14 at 13:46
hahahahahahaha

not enough space on the internet to list advisories!

nah, was all good in the end.........

front brake balance which fixed itself somehowSmile
corrosion ~ n/s outer sill
& i think perished rear suspension bushes

failed on lots of rot which took about half a filing cabinet to fix, brakes & front suspension springs.

not too bad & I get to keep it for another yearBig smile
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 14 at 13:56
Just the usual age related things sadly in all LT's at this stage! but please aim at ten more years please you never know they might get as valuable as a splitty !Wink
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesherald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 14 at 14:01
I will definately try, I see theres a guy on one of these forums that has sourced repair panels, so if I get permission to restore/renovate, the welder is gonna get dusted off

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 38>