The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

upgrade 1.6 turbo diesel to 1.9 turbo diesel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 21windows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: upgrade 1.6 turbo diesel to 1.9 turbo diesel
    Posted: 17 Aug 13 at 23:27
I have a 1.6 turbo diesel T3 at the moment with a very sick engine (head cracked and a couple of other small issues.
I was thinking about upgrading to a 1.9 turbo diesel from a Mk3 Golf, is this a fairly straight forward swap or are there any special considerations or requirements. Would it be advisable to get a complete car to ensure I get all the bits I need
Any assistance gratefully received.

Many thanks

Graham
Graham Williams & Stuart Williams
Stuke Designs
email stuke.designs@gmail.com
Tel 07971241381
light View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote light Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 13 at 14:59

Some where on here there`s a list/guide of parts you need from the donor and what you need from the 1.6 but where that list lives I have not got a clue (any mods reading this could you not put the list up as a pined/sticky thread as this question must be the most asked )

If you could get the whole car it will always be an advantage

The quickest /easiest way is to use all the ancillaries from the donor apart from the turbo you will also need a new one of these http://www.brickwerks.co.uk/index.php/t3-parts/t3-engine/t3-diesel/t3-diesel-cooling/bypass-hose-t3-d-td.html and one of these http://www.brickwerks.co.uk/index.php/t3-parts/t3-special-section/t3-1-9d-td-tdi-conversion/aaz-gtd-1y-throttle-levers.html the throttle lever can be modified on the aaz pump so it fits, (requires a bit of welding ) so you might get away with out that bit  , you may need one of these http://www.brickwerks.co.uk/index.php/t3-parts/t3-special-section/t3-1-9d-td-tdi-conversion/aaz-gtd-m-tdi-engine-lid-cover.html done a couple of conversions and have not had to use the latter one

21windows View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 21windows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 13 at 18:16
Excellent, many thanks

Looks like I'm in the market for a cheap Mk3 Golf 1.9 TDi Smile
Stuke Designs
Tel 07971241381
busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 13 at 18:44
you say 1.9 turbo diesel in your first post and 1.9tdi in your second post

which one do you wish to fit coz they are completely diffferent
21windows View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 21windows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 13 at 18:52
Originally posted by busbuddy busbuddy wrote:

you say 1.9 turbo diesel in your first post and 1.9tdi in your second post

which one do you wish to fit coz they are completely diffferent

Sorry getting turbo happySmile
Should have been a turbo diesel not TDi, was looking at something else at the time and getting my turbo's in a muddle
Stuke Designs
Tel 07971241381
randolph57 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randolph57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 13 at 20:22
you have a pm
 Post Reply Post Reply