The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unknown Part

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR1865 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unknown Part
    Posted: 01 Sep 16 at 12:47
Hi All, 

I recently took my T5 passenger door apart to replace the lock as it was playing up. I found a part inside the door at the bottom and cant for the life of me work out where it came from or what it is? 

Its quite small maybe an inch square and has L2 >PA66-GF50< on it. It must be fairly important as it has a spring, it also appears to clip onto something.

Any help identifying it greatly appreciated 

Not sure I'm able to upload a photo.
Rookie
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 16 at 09:27
It does sound like it's part of the lock.  You could try googling 'images' for t5 door locks and see if you can spot the part although you will need to find a pic of one where someone has removed the plastic cover.  You will probably end up buying a new lock complete. Ouch  Hard to be sure without a pic. 

If you can upload a pic to a freebie hosting service like photobucket you can copy and paste the img code they will give you into a post here and the pic will come out.

Numbers in that format often do get stamped on VW locks.  Not a clue what they refer to but you can't usually buy parts of the actual lock unit separately, although you can buy any linking rods and clips.   

Edited by T5 TDI - 09 Sep 16 at 09:33
2004 2.5 174
BR1865 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR1865 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 16 at 09:03
Thank you for taking the time to reply! I've sorted out photobucket and think I have done it right. Here is the part I found in the bottom of the door??

Thanks again

Edited by BR1865 - 10 Sep 16 at 09:09
Rookie
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 16 at 10:54
Nice clear pic Smile  It looks like a lock part but being a heavier cast part I can't think where it fits amongst the thinner metal of the lock.  It could be for the double lock part of the lock.

Does the double locking work?  If you lock yourself in with one press of the remote the double locking should be on.  You shouldn't be able to get out using the interior handle no matter how many times you pull it.  If it lets you out on the second pull of the handle the double locking isn't working.  Try comparing it with the other door.   

If you look at this pic on ebay of a cheap aftermarket lock (don't know if they are any good) and use the hover to zoom function you can see what I meant about similar numbers in that format on locks.

It just doesn't look like a part from anything else though, like the exterior handle or the window regulator or even the mirror so you probably do need a new lock.  

Edited by T5 TDI - 11 Sep 16 at 18:16
2004 2.5 174
 Post Reply Post Reply