The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ugly Betty, my mission

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 14 at 04:21
They seem to have built T2,T3, LT, Mercedes and probably a lot of others but Palamino appears to be the only model name.

Edit, and Autostrada.

Edit, Ultra-Autobahn......cue for a song.

Edited by LTCamper89 - 18 Mar 14 at 04:34
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
jimmycadillac View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmycadillac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 14 at 05:40
So we're back!!! guys n gals
the old girl was starting to tell us to point home so we did what we were told.
In total we did 8690 Kilometres, met alot of great people, saw some wonderful sights and as the leyland Brothers said all those years ago
"travelled all over the countryside" !!!, Ive been home 4 days and have spent my time on ebay Smile and constructing a third driveway for Uglly Betty to call home.

Once things settle down a little, we'll get into it and cut a little more rust and paint the whole thing.
I've ordered new whitewalls, headlamp peaks and a quality caravan cover so I can "tuck her up" for the winter :)
This will probably get deleted, but I thought I should leave you with a memory of my excellent trip.
Feel free to have this blown up and framed for your gamesroom wall or possibly your wifes bedside tableSmileLOL

LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 14 at 06:56
5400 miles..not a pop to the shopsBeer

Delete it image if you want, but I can never remove it from my burnt retinas. I also saved a copy just in case there is a reason to resurrect it.Wink

Anyway you softy.. you kept your socks on.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 14 at 07:08
Delete it? Nope not that kind of forum, only drivel and kitc.hen sellers gets deleted here, however i must warn you Elvis has just laminated a copy!
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

Canada LT28 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 14 at 11:15
Originally posted by jason k jason k wrote:

Delete it? Nope not that kind of forum, only drivel and kitc.hen sellers gets deleted here, however i must warn you Elvis has just laminated a copy!

And he is drooling over it right nowWinkLOL
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Slow and built to stay that way
87 T3 soon to be a camper
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 14 at 12:01
Just as well it is laminated....easily wiped clean.Dead

VW LT Camper not Cramper

mat_the_cat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 14 at 22:32
Too much information! Wink
Mid engined, 6 cylinder, turbocharged 2 seater - it can only be a VW LT!
Uberhare View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uberhare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 14 at 02:44
You can never "unsee" something.....

Maybe we all need to start posting pics of our kitch ens again.

Edited by Uberhare - 29 Mar 14 at 16:14
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmycadillac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 14 at 04:11
I'm a master of the retina burn :)
timaldiss View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timaldiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 14 at 22:29
Classic. I can see that catching on amongst other LT 1 owners... anyone, anyone, Bueller?
-------
I have a history of VW LT camper van addiction: http://campervanman.co.uk
Rabbit 16v View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbit 16v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 14 at 23:21
Not here. One would be immediately arrested pending an NSA data leak and as such one would be subjected to a multitude of frivilous lawsuits of sheeple claiming to be scarred for life. Murrica!
Chris
1985 LT40 4x4 2.5 TDI
1987 LT28 Florida
1985 LT45 Sülzer D24TI
1992 LT40 4x4 D24t
timaldiss View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timaldiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 14 at 19:00
-------
I have a history of VW LT camper van addiction: http://campervanman.co.uk
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 14 at 20:11
That will give jimmycadillac something to aim for.Thumbs Up

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Alan Price View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Price Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 14 at 22:05
Originally posted by timaldiss timaldiss wrote:

Classic. I can see that catching on amongst other LT 1 owners... anyone, anyone, Bueller?

Having been a naturist for 30 years, i lived in my LT naked last summer when i  could get away. Had many naturist hols down here over the years with my Type 2.Smile

Check out www.bn.org.uk  Thumbs Up

Edited by Alan Price - 11 Apr 14 at 22:09
1981 French LHD LT28D.Professional camper conversion
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmycadillac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 14 at 00:50
So just abit of an update.

I'm out of money. Nadine and I have just spent a week at the Cadillac nationals drinking beer and eating food and driving my kool car" :)
Since i last posted Ugly Betty has been sat but she is sitting on her own flash new concrete driveway.
The new Whitewalls have arrived and I am presently trying to fit retro headlight peaks to her which means somehow fitting them to the plastic grille instead of around the headlamp.
I'll bore you with a pic later today...
I need to go get a job so I can continue doing some more panel and paint..
Her next big adventure won't be till later in the year, I'm hoping to take her to "DAY OF THE DUB" in Perth (1000km round trip)
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmycadillac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 14 at 03:38
Righto Kiddies I'm back!!!
Been doing a little on my other cars so after the big trip Betty has been a little neglected :)
I've been using her as abit of a parts hauler, she's developed even more leaks over the winter months but we can fix that!!!, just need some time and money :)
I've built her, her own driveway so she has a home of her own, otherwise its been slow going so this morning I decided (in the rain) to fit the new floor, bit of retro going on here :)

Also gave her some sad eyes awhile a go!!

i have a new set of Whitewalls to go on her too, but thats next week :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123