The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engine Crankcase Breather broke!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamienewby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine Crankcase Breather broke!
    Posted: 20 Jun 18 at 18:53
Hi I was looking for some guidance after using the search icon...

Vehicle model… Vw T3 1.6 JX 1989

Took the car for a clean / oil top up and a short drive today and noticed in the rear quater vents the vehicle smoking! Panic! And temperate gauge creeping up slowly.

Got the car home and had a look at the engine bay, started the engine then found the problem very quickly shut the engine off.

So the engine crankcase breather has popped off which attaches to the cam over.. any advise?

Thanks Jamie
Jamienewby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamienewby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 18 at 19:05
Update looks like a seal part has broken small connector pipe part number JOK 069 103 500Acm .... if any one has bought one previously let me know where from 👌🏻

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamienewby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 18 at 19:22
Rocker Cover Breather Seal VW T3 Diesel's and T4 all engines
JK PART NUMBER: J21106 OEM PART NUMBER: 028-103-500
babylon by bus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babylon by bus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 18 at 23:14
yeah,it's the punky reggae party,
and it's tonight,
yeah,it's the punky reggae party,and it's alright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamienewby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 18 at 08:43
Thankyou
RogerT View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 18 at 22:13
That might explain the smoke you saw, but I have my doubts. And I don’t see how it would explain your rising temperature. I’d venture that the breather seal is a coincidence, and even if it was smoking from there, it shouldn’t really have been smoking even if the seal was bust. I’d suggest you investigate further or proceed with caution once you have the new seal. I’m afraid I don’t know enough to suggest what it might be.

Edited by RogerT - 22 Jun 18 at 22:14
DrSmooth View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrSmooth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 18 at 18:58
Originally posted by Jamienewby Jamienewby wrote:

Rocker Cover Breather Seal VW T3 Diesel's and T4 all engines
JK PART NUMBER: J21106 OEM PART NUMBER: 028-103-500

Thanks for the part number. I've  been looking for this info.
 Post Reply Post Reply