The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what are the best wheels for off road tyres??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
clift_d View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clift_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what are the best wheels for off road tyres??
    Posted: 10 Nov 17 at 09:32
The bombproof choice is the OEM 16" Syncro steel but they're a narrow wheel and so may limit tyre choice, and they're also not always so easy to get hold of. Other than that it is either generic Mefros in 15" or 16" or Merc 16" steels, although neither is really designed for off-roading and so I'm aware of people occassionally needing to hammer them 'true' again after perhaps hitting a rock.
1988 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker syncro
smokeyjon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smokeyjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 17 at 20:18
You can get old mercedes 15" steels that fit straight on, but they're nowhere near as strong as the proper Syncro steels so alot of people don't recommend them for serious off roading.
Still working (fingers crossed)...

AAZ Syncro Panel Van...
flyboarder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 17 at 10:45
Hi guys, I am now the proud owner of a 1986 2.1 synco camper conversions RHD (Gertrude aka dirty Gerty) She currently has standard 14inch pepperpot style rims, I guess I need to get 15 or 16 inch rims for the BFG all terrain tyres, are there any second hand wheels that come from another van that fit straight away? What do you recommend? Tyres size recommendations or any other chunky version tyres also welcome!

Thanks, Rusty
Rusty
 Post Reply Post Reply