The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

show us yer beds!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MostlyMonki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: show us yer beds!
    Posted: 27 Feb 09 at 10:01
need some inspiration, so can people stick up photos of the seating/bed arrangement in theyre campers please? :)
"LT Massive"
mike38 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 09 at 18:18
Some pics of our lt Here with interior shotsours is 4birth its got a bed above the cab for 1 child or 2 small uns a small table makes up a single bed behind the cab seats and the dinner table in the back makes up a double bed at the back.

Mike

Edited by mike38 - 28 Feb 09 at 11:52
bushbandit View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushbandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 09 at 20:14

Its only a two berth. So this folds out to a good sized double bed

Edited by bushbandit - 27 Feb 09 at 20:15
1985 LT31 LWB 2.4D, Diamond RV custom conversion, with all the whistles and bangs!!
moocow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

If only....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moocow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 09 at 10:55
Pictures of our van here: http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m200/K_N_S_JENNINGS/Vw%20Lt%20Camper/

It's only 2 berth and can make up 2 singles or put slats down the middle to make a 7' x 5' ish double!

Currently undergoing some upholstery renewal  before we sell it on.

Cheers

Simon
Cheers

Simon
rockradio View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockradio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 09 at 12:21
Some really nice interiors guys. Not seen any that nice on ebay. Only some of the £30,000 motorhomes come close to looking as good. Bushbandit, your cupboards are identical to mine. Really nice layout. Love the wraparound sofa.  Really clever design.

This is mine. Pulls out to make a double. The base is made with three sections for storing things and the front bit you can see slides over it. It has slats of wood under the cushion attached by wide webbing so it all expands out as you pull the bed out. It's a bit fiddly getting it back sometimes but works ok.

Edited by rockradio - 28 Feb 09 at 12:34
LT35 camper 1987 2.4 litre 6 pot diesel, DW engine, no turbo, no PAS.
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushbandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 09 at 21:24
The bed on mine is easy to put up.  the two doors at the bottom open out and bolt down to form a box.  Then the long seat back by the window pulls out and lies across the gap.  Bed made in 20sec.
Love that kicthen Rockradio, we do have a lot of bench space in ours but not like that.
Moocow, are all your cupboards soild wood? So much space. They look great!  Love the look of the table too!!
1985 LT31 LWB 2.4D, Diamond RV custom conversion, with all the whistles and bangs!!
rockradio View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockradio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 09 at 22:21
It's amazing how much space there is in these van's. The Tardis has nothing on the LT
Big smile

I didn't fit out my van, bought that way, but the guy who did it, put a lot into the kitchen. Must have had a wife who enjoyed it (cooking that is). The sink on mine is a full house size sink. I just don't use it all but good to have. Not the best use of the space as the worktop is half the length of the camper area, but he fitted a bathroom, wardrobes and cupboards in the space opposite. Could do with a bit bigger living area, but it's fine for two.

Bushbandit. If you ever come to sell your van, let me know in advance. It's a beauty Tongue

Edited by rockradio - 28 Feb 09 at 22:30
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushbandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 09 at 22:48
Im lucky that the misses is small so she loves the kitchen as the bench is her height.  What we loose in the kicthen size we have made up in living space.  The company the designed it really thought it out well.  It always suprises people when they look in the van and see just what has been put in, then you show them the shower and toilet and that just tops it off.

Ha, now sell the van, well i might in a few years when we go home.  I really want to take it back to NZ but at 3000 to ship it it might be a bit much.  And they were never sold in NZ so parts are nonexictant, it would be a one of a kind there.
But will let you know if we do.  Would be great to know it would still be loved.

T
rockradio View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockradio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 09 at 23:09
Ah, women that cooked. I remember those.

Seriously though, I thought your van had more living than kitchen area. Seems it has both. I must take some more pictures of my van. Difficult getting the angels right in a confined space. All the decent pics are on the address on my sig.

I do wonder if we outght to float the idea of an LT meet sometime in the summer? Be a great time to exchange ideas, see vans and talk about tech stuff, even if it bores the women. Somewhere central UK that is near to good motorway connections.

Any suggestions for a place we could camp?

I might post this as a new thread to get a wider opinion.

I'm getting excited already, but then again I am on my 6th pint
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushbandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 09 at 23:17

yes i would love to see the other vans.  I feel quite lonley sometimes when im with the van and i hear a new sound from the engine.  You start to think "do other vans make that or is it just me"  or is that meant to be bolted there?

Def up for a meet.  Have no idea where tho
icky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 09 at 01:40

errm... mine's currently a stack of marked out 2x1 on my bedroom floor.

Hopefully start putting it together tomorrow night! :)

...along with the kitchen unit! and another cupboard at the front! :)

Because mine is a low roof van, I've not got room for a shower anyway, really - and I've not got space for the overhead cupboards... so I'm going for a different design to anything I've seen, with maximum seating / 'chill out' space - and as much storage as I can get!

Here's a quick sketch of what I've got in mind, obviously there's more to it than this but it shows the general idea behind it.

milk n cheese View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milk n cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 09 at 12:04

up top

seats fold down to a bed
"if it bends its funny - if it breaks its even funnier" (M&C 1994)
 Post Reply Post Reply