The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

:---T5 RECALL INFO----:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sportline1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sportline1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: :---T5 RECALL INFO----:
    Posted: 02 Jul 19 at 21:53
ANY ONE HAD OIL THROUGH WIRING LOOM TO ECU ON A T5 174 2007 2.5TDI ENGINE CODE BPC I HAD CODE FOR EXHAUST TEMP SENSOR 1 SHORT TO PLUS P0546 INTERMITTENT NOW
THERE ALL THE TIME INTO LIMP MODE ENGINE LIGHT ON AS WELL AS FLASHING HEATER PLUG
LIGHT .IVE FITTED NEW TEMP SENDER EVEN IF UNPLUGED STILL SAME CODE
IVE SENT ECU OFF TO BE CHECKED
sportline1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sportline1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 19 at 21:39
HI IM A NEWBE    NEVER BEEN ON A FORUM BEFORE I OWN A T5 174 HAD LOTS OF PROBLEMS
martycochrane View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martycochrane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 13 at 19:06
I have just bought a 2006 transporter and I'm not sure if the previous owner got the recalls carried out, if not what is the time limit of these things. Im guessing its not possible for me to take it back now and get it done for free?
johnylpool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnylpool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 12 at 22:30
I own 08 transportere my clocks some times go off put on pc got p0600 code has anyone had same or has there been a call back on this problem
4kings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4kings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 11 at 11:32
i was wondering what the recalls are for Pre 2006 and after, as i am looking to buy a T5 but the most problematic free?
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 10 at 15:38
Originally posted by wanakombi wanakombi wrote:

I have a VWT5 04 2.5.

the water is full of oil.

forums have suggested this may be a faulty oil pump.

can i now get the oild one recalled if mine has now failed ? 

Based on my experience it is likely to be a failed oil cooler/seal (waterpump failure more often ends up with coolant in the engine oil).

There was a campaign for the particular engines that were "supposed" to be affected.  A VW dealer should be able to tell you whether your van is covered or not (and whether it has been "fixed" or not), they'll need your VIN. 
wanakombi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanakombi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 10 at 12:38

Please help... i am a litle confused here is why......

I have a VWT5 04 2.5.
the water is full of oil.

forums have suggested this may be a faulty oil pump.

can i now get the oild one recalled if mine has now failed ?

ill make some phone calls in the mean time

many thanks
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 10 at 23:56
all the bolts come loose on sliding doors too, check em
lwb174caravelle View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwb174caravelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 09 at 20:07
The rattling sliding doors (knocking sound) on the T5 is an easy fix:
Apply grease to where the cone shaped locating lugs fit inside the door frame.
And while you are there you may as well also do the roller guides, door catches and hinges, bonnet catch  etc.

2005 VW T5 174 Blue Caravelle Tiptronic E.Yorks
wounded_gull View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wounded_gull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 09 at 10:42
Hi

Yes I've taken it into VW twice now to be repaired whilst I'm still under warranty

I don't know what they do but it seems to make a difference - They prob just tighten up the screws and grease the door.

my most recent squeak is down to the carpeted door panels on the interior - the screws are coming undone so i keep tightening them and it seems to be okay.

hope you get your squeak sorted
jes*b View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jes*b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 09 at 15:47
hi, did you get the sqeak in the door sorted - my caravelle has a rally noticeable one - sounds like something large is loose inside

cheers

jes

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wounded_gull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 09 at 16:51
Good to know! Cardiff have already started to slide down in my estimations after a positive start.

My van came back with the same squeaky door it went in to have fixed and they also messed me around with a courtesy car.

I went down there and had to waiT3 mins for someone to speak to who'd gone to the bank..
When they then arrived, they informed me that the company who'd borrowed the van I was going to use hadn't returned it yet, so I'd have to come back another day. I was not impressed.
cherry evo2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherry evo2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 09 at 18:08
Originally posted by wounded_gull wounded_gull wrote:

I must say VW Cardiff are so much better since Sinclair VW  took them over. Polite, helpful staff. No complaints from me so far...

Sinclair VW Van Centre in Gorseinon (Swansea) are great. Jeremy Phillips who runs Sinclair commercials (both sites) is a top bloke. He will not tolerate any nonsense regading poor customer service, if you should experience any bad service he's the man you need to speak to.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wounded_gull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 09 at 09:25
oh well... they've given me a courtesy van while mine is having the tweaks done.
It drives like a Ferrari compared to mine which has a conversion in the back! ;)

I must say VW Cardiff are so much better since Sinclair VW  took them over. Polite, helpful staff. No complaints from me so far...

I've not got the van back yet though! LOL
zedzedeleven View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zedzedeleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 09 at 11:07
My `04 was done on a recall. I think they have redesigned the ratchet pawl, made it a bit wider.
1.9 85ps swb 2004 in friesan green.

bring me sunshine.
CLONKY View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLONKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 09 at 16:14
Early ones def had a problem. Mine was an early one and i returned it as the handbrake was self releasing. Needless to say the mindless muppets could not find a fault, but it was eventually recalled and rectified. I'd have expected yours to be okay though, i'm sure the recall was well before '06
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wounded_gull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 09 at 12:22
I've had some handbrake issues with mine, it's an 06, not sure of the month though...

I parked up on a quiet back road visiting a local castle. The road was fairly flat thank god! as when I returned I found my van had rolled approx 40 ft  across a junction and parked itself into a wooden fence at the bottom of the castle moat!

I did a double take as I was sure it must be someone else van but it wasn't Confused

amazingly only slight damage to the 2 front plastic grills which popped back into place and a bit of scuffing the the bumper but it could have caused an accident or run someone over...
I def pulled the handbrake on as it's my pride n joy but it had definitely released. Luckily the pot holes in the road must've stopped it building up any proper speed.

I'm taking into VW tomorrow for a few things to be done whilst still under warranty
steering wheel knock has come back, stereo not installed correctly, drivers door hinge loose, side door squeak which is driving me nuts and the handbrake!
and they'll hopefully sort me out with 2 new front grills...

I was in the van yesterday, slipped it out of gear( I now park in gear!) and started to roll down hill! so there's def a fault.

I checked the chassis no but it doesnt seem to correspond to any of the recalls -  WV1ZZZ7HZ6H097723

gason View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 09 at 21:50
mine an 07 trendline and i had mine done just by luck i was at dealers with a dodgy stalk
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 08 at 13:32
I've had the oil cooler replaced, and the fix to the stiff opening sliding door too. Oct 2006 build.
dehlilah View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dehlilah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 08 at 00:28
I dont know if my 2006 camper is affected with oil cooler-- i will phone & check,  it is hannover made--
there was a recall on the windows -caravelle- as they leaked before i got it, 
 but at least cant have rear seat probs as it has the 'rock&roll bed' seat
Camper has been in VW garage all day today the big sliding door got stiffer & stiffer until couldnt open at all from inside & labour of hercules from outside to get it open- seems there is a cable inside door-- Fixed now free on warranty- but so used to attacking it full strength it is a shock now opening it---

Edited by dehlilah - 09 Sep 08 at 00:30
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>