The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Thinking of buying an LT35 -82 with engine problem
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thinking of buying an LT35 -82 with engine problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Widar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 18 at 05:10
Haha, no worries! You almost had me! LOL

I double checked and i do not have this "damper" mounted on my car. On my old carburettor the vacuum hose was just plugged and when i put on the new carburettor all the hoses where connected together with the t-coupling.
4 and the two 6 connected with 7. And it ran... but the t-coupling broke so that's when i started looking up where they should go since i thought it looked strange.

Edited by Widar - 16 Jan 18 at 05:10
Dreamcatcher View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 18 at 10:29
Glad you got it sorted!
Dave 1991 LT31 Camper
Widar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Widar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 18 at 07:54
I haven't. The carburetor has been on there for almost four years and i still dunno how the vacuum should be connected.
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 18 at 12:28
Have you checked Workshop Manuals
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

Widar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Widar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 18 at 05:04
Andy, Yes. Including Haynes.
ottoMan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ottoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 18 at 13:57
Now I found your post !
Sorry my carburetor was no help from you. The way I figure it out - after reading your story here - is that you have more vacuum hoses on the carb than vacuum ports to go to. The the only vacuum you'll need is the one that goes into the distributor. The other hoses are not used, if you don't have that damper on the air intake - I don't have it either. Just plug those hoses so that it doesn't draw air and that's it - as far as I understand that's how it worked until now and it worked great.

PS - my LT has been through Portugal for nine months or so. Sorry I missed you there. :)
1980 Pop Top LT28 2.0 Petrol converted by Karroseriefabrik Voll von Wurzburg
Widar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Widar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 18 at 12:10
Hey Ottoman!
Thanks, I'll plug them and give it another try!

Edit: On
http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/catalog/vw/markt/RDW/modell/LT/year/1982/drive_standart/30/hg_ug/129/subcategory/36010/part_id/3691433/lang/e#sec_1A
It's visable what this vacuum connection goes, into the 1A "Pulldown Socket". Is this needed in some way for the fuel to flow? I'm having a hard time reading the technicals manuals on what this Pulldown socket actually does.

Any ideas?

Edit2: Found this at Ruddes;
http://www.ruddies-berlin.de/Ti141_1B3.html

Edited by Widar - 25 Jan 18 at 13:31
ottoMan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ottoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 18 at 13:05
I think that pulldown socket actuates the cold start butterfly - the butterfly is closed for cold starting, after the engine is started and is reved, the vacuum pulls the butterfly through the pulldown socket, to open it and allow more air to pass. Anyway, you need a vacuum hose connected to it, which I imagine it was, since the engine was running fine. 

The above explanation is based on what I can figure out from the parts diagram, unfortunately I don't know German, so I don't understand the document on the ruddies site.
1980 Pop Top LT28 2.0 Petrol converted by Karroseriefabrik Voll von Wurzburg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123