The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Bus Park
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Tin Top Thread?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budgie7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 15 at 07:52
My Velle. At Haigh Hall Wigan , this summer
Wyandotte View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyandotte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 15 at 13:30
Wow - nice finish.  The black pillars are a nice touch.
Budgie7 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budgie7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 16 at 11:30

Slight change, not lowered anymore, new springs and aftermarket arches. Drives a lot nicer now and no more crashing over pot holes and speed bumps .
GMAN140 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMAN140 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 16 at 23:17
Van looks better raised back up, i,m getting mine put back to standard as part of the MOT work  (rusted rear suspension arms ) Can i ask where you got the arch covers from and are they any good.
I like the look of them but am worried they may promote rust.
Thanks

flying haggis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flying haggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 16 at 20:58
Before and after shots, still loads and loads to do yet but getting there, slowly
Before

After
Take a walk on the wild side
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 16 at 21:45
Thumbs Up Bloody good effort! 
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 16 at 22:30
Here's a before and 1/4 way through of mine
Before

1/4 way LOL

Bigun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 16 at 22:40
My twin slider recently owned by Rowlesy.

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 16 at 19:50
Originally posted by Bigun Bigun wrote:

My twin slider recently owned by Rowlesy.

lol! dumbfuck! LOL you aye on faceache now chap!
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
Budgie7 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budgie7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 16 at 22:44

Hi Gman , got the arches of the bay of fleas, sold from a company called Maxchrome for £59.00 .
My van arches are solid so I am not trying to cover anything up , just like the look without paying for the Syncro style ones. I have covered the van arches up with wax oil to try and keep the rust at bay, but will take the covers off after winter to just check and clean.
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 16 at 23:55
 whats the quality like on the arch trim like? how are they attached? my rear arches seem to take a hammering from stone chips!
GMAN140 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMAN140 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 16 at 01:50
Budgie 7
thanks for the info ive got new arches all round so im a bit worried about ruining them ,but i think ill give them a try as they look really good on yours and im going for a simular  look. I like the rugged go anywhere idea of the van .
Budgie7 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budgie7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 16 at 09:57
Hi
The quality is very good, and they fit very well. I was going to pop rivet them on but decided to use small self tappers. I drilled small holes then used vactan then paint to stop the dreaded rust . My reason for doing it this way is so I can take them off to clean and check etc...they do come with metal strips which you are supposed to bend and fit to your existing arch ( no drilling holes ) but I didn't use like this method
I know there are small holes in the lip of my arches but I am going to keep it this way so it won't be an issue for me.
The only modification I had to do was around the rear bumper, where it touches the new arch.

A couple of pics, one before and after
Barry
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 16 at 10:59
Cheers for the info! I like the look, almost an early golf gti look about them.   
TheDocmeister View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDocmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 16 at 21:48
Originally posted by Budgie7 Budgie7 wrote:

Hi Gman , got the arches of the bay of fleas, sold from a company called Maxchrome for £59.00 .

I love the Synchro look you've got going. What springs are you using and what tyre size?
GMAN140 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMAN140 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 16 at 16:37
My van with Mercedes 16 Alloys and 205 65 16 tyres under standard springs and new B4 shocks 
kurtbmxsurf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurtbmxsurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 16 at 17:18
Owned eddie for the last 6 years. Thought it about time he joined the brick-yard community.
kurtbmxsurf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurtbmxsurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 16 at 17:19
how do I put pics up on here?
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 16 at 18:53
You got photo bucket?
kooldubs View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M STILL HERE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kooldubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 16 at 14:24
thats been a while...where is she now
86 t3 doka & 2001 T4 2.5 TDI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>