The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Bus Park
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Syncro thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 12 at 00:04
Originally posted by max and caddy max and caddy wrote:

Me too....but.....i hardy dare say it.....is a LT4x4 a syncro?

It's more than a Syncro or a different kettle of fish, depending on how you want to put it.

While the Syncros are permanent 4WD, the LT4x4 has the option of running RWD, 4WD or 4WD in low-ratio. On top of that then front and rear differential locks. And if updated with the newer gearbox, even a lock in the gearbox.

And to be honest, the LT4x4 is more of a Syncro than anything that is 4Motion badged :)

/M
1989 VW LT40 4x4 pop-top
1994 VW LT45 4x4 doka
1997 VW Transporter Syncro TDI
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 12 at 13:02
I do agree about the 4 motion bit...but "syncro" is the viscous coupling system, be it passat, golf, or t3...an iltis is not a syncro...is an LT?

i do like em tho.
Marlow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 12 at 15:45
Originally posted by max and caddy max and caddy wrote:

I do agree about the 4 motion bit...but "syncro" is the viscous coupling system, be it passat, golf, or t3...an iltis is not a syncro...is an LT?

i do like em tho.

Nah. The LT isn't called Syncro for a reason. It's not the same as a Syncro at all. As you can see above, I've got both :) .. T4 Syncro AND LT 4x4.

/M
1989 VW LT40 4x4 pop-top
1994 VW LT45 4x4 doka
1997 VW Transporter Syncro TDI
andyluffs View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyluffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 12 at 15:58
Mine, almost finished

FIGHT APATHY! I would but I just can't be arsed

http://www.rmctf.org.uk/
BALDY3260 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BALDY3260 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 13 at 16:10
might as well get in here too LOL

needs to come up in the world a bit. but loving it so far
'95 T4 syncro multivan '08 fiat500(mrs b's)1968 eriba pan/familia (also mrs b's)
bdade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 14 at 18:04
Ooook, this seems to be the right place to introduce you Mr. "Il Baita". 

First of all: why this name? Baita is the italian name for mountain hat, which are typical mountain houses, typically made in wood, typically warm, typically you drink a lot of alcohol in there. The name came out last year during a very cold night meeting with the other fellas here in Milano: it was too cold to stay outside so I decided to invite them all in my van. Gigi was almost drunk (quite typical for him :D ) and he said that my van was warm and woody like a "Baita". Well, I realized I had the name for the van.

And here it is: it's a 1992 TD VW T3 Syncro with middle-high pop-top SCA 500 roof fitted by the german DiPa.
It has 15" BF Goodrich tyres, brand new visco and decoupler.

here you'll find a video of our last meeting:  http://vimeo.com/84949529

and here some pictures of Il Baita

lloydy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lloydy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 14 at 18:11
Very nice
16" syncro multivan
rogerthecat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 14 at 23:21
Very nice.
T3 Westy, T3 Syncro (the ScoobyVelle), New Beetle Cab, 2 x Polos - I have too many projects
PaulSA View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 15 at 12:54
i All,

Just thought I would add a few pictures here!!
(I Accidentely started new thread in this forum, instead of posting under Syncro)

1992 Big Window 2.1--in South Africa

Edited by PaulSA - 20 Apr 15 at 13:03
Holydiver View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Baxters Chocolate Star Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Holydiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 15 at 21:37
Very nice

bene View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 15 at 16:43
Mine...

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 15 at 17:13
niiiice! Cool
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
timmythedog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

westy fetishist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmythedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 16 at 18:04
my syncro. Very much a project, but I think i`ll get it legal and rolling and see what i`ve got. 

Made itself at home pretty quickly! 
Syncro doka td
T4 Multivan Generation, 151
89 Caravelle Exclusive 2.1
Caravelle GL AFN tdi
53 plate T4 Panel.888 special x factor.
88 DG Panel(uncut)
calypso Atlantic pop.
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 16 at 20:28
that canopy's interesting on the back - guna start a build thread for it? 
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
Vanorak
Vanorak

westy fetishist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmythedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 16 at 21:25
yes it`s a Henrymag Mondial. They are quite popular in France and appear to be known for their demountable caravan units,(they call it a Cellule here) which this has definitely had as the rear of the roof is scraped and dented from it!  I may as well start a build thread I guess. Did have immediate plans for an engine swap but the little jx seems strong so I might just let it run a while. We`re due some good snow fall so perhaps a little vid of some off roading soon. Smile

Syncro doka td
Caravelle GL AFN tdi
88 DG Panel(uncut)
calypso Atlantic pop.
Vanorak
Vanorak

westy fetishist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmythedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 16 at 21:28
Syncro doka td
Caravelle GL AFN tdi
88 DG Panel(uncut)
calypso Atlantic pop.
Gaboda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaboda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 16 at 10:56
Hello Everyone, I joined the forum a few weeks back, but realised I haven't yet formerly introduced myself. I'm David, a 36 you old garden landscaper and wood carver. I Recently stumbled upon a LWB T4 Syncro for sale, in a good, clean condition with 97K on the clock and couldn't resist buying her. I have started converting her and sorting out all the little damaged and broken bits....Here are a few photos of as she is now..... for those of you who are interested.

I will be a regular on here now as I feel I have a lot to learn about the new love in my life. After the VW Bustypes in Oswestry last weekend I realise there aren't many like her around.

Edited by Gaboda - 03 May 16 at 07:39
Gaboda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaboda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 16 at 11:19
Peace!

Edited by Gaboda - 20 May 16 at 07:13
GavT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GavT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 18 at 12:36
Hi Gaboda,

Would you have more photos of your yellow transporter. I have one but I am currently restoring it with a few new modifications.

Yours looks fabulous

Regards

GT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011