The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Bus Park
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Pop-Top thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebedee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 10 at 11:25
Very nice westy. What wheels are they?
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 10 at 12:12
our new westy....

Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

covdubber View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote covdubber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 10 at 22:57
that looks sweet jason! the stance & alloys give it a nice semi-factory look! just nice as it is!
i laugh at my own jokes cause there funny to me! i dont give a fck if you dont think they are

if your in the redline lol ya having a good time! lol ;P

BigTam View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigTam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 10 at 09:11

Mine with new roof on Smile
edweed View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 10 at 08:51
Zebedee,

The wheels are 15" compomotive split rims with bespoke spinners made up to clear the hubs - bought off fleabay and refurbed - havent seen another set so far.....Wink!

Also, couple of pics of all the brown/wooden/shiney crap I stuck in the cab over the weekend!

(TIP -  you may need to stand about 4 mtrs back from your pc to fully appreciate the pics.....wasnt sure how to crop....Embarrassed)
bogeymika View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeymika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 10 at 09:35
Hi, nice topic, here's mine.
Bluestar with Reimo roof, porsche brakes and Sti engine, my dream car (but i'am into cheetah or gipsy if someone wants to tradeSmile)
This picture was taken 5 days before Bug Run 2010, thats why the other bluestar was still heavily under work. our ratataksi did not made it, new engine was missing fuel rails and engine harnes.
bogeymika View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeymika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 10 at 09:40
Better (and smaller) one of my car.
busboy1303 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busboy1303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 10 at 21:55
Here's my Holdsworth getting some pop-top action near Whitby.
Carrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 10 at 22:36
My old van Its the red riemo was origional a high top but i changed to a pop top of an old air coller i was breaking at the time.
" width=28 height=30>

White van is good friend of mines Auto sleeper Dg motor
stretch661 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stretch661 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 10 at 22:57
The Joker in Cornwall on one of the few sunny days back in April.
JonnyAtlantic View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonnyAtlantic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 10 at 14:33

Hendaye, France.
1990 Westfalia Atlantic 1.6TD - Pop Top
t3trooper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t3trooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 10 at 10:53
mine and my son Karls
MrC02 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrC02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 10 at 09:43

On the one day it didn't rain in Cornwall this July, jeeeezuz... Shitehouse campsite mind

T30 AXD Superchipped
Ian156 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 10 at 10:09
Looking good MrCO2. Who did your pop?
Brian Vantana. 60% of the time it works everytime!

2012 Subaru Impreza with a roof rack and tinted windows
2006 Rio Kia5 1.6 with heated seats and a remote start.
MrC02 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrC02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 10 at 11:42

Wotchya Ian Smile Jack Ryan at Cool Conversions (Newquay) did our roof/roof bed and a splendid job too. Top man is Jack. 

T30 AXD Superchipped
Ian156 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 10 at 15:44
Nicccccccccccce. When I am a big boy I'd like a pop top too.
Brian Vantana. 60% of the time it works everytime!

2012 Subaru Impreza with a roof rack and tinted windows
2006 Rio Kia5 1.6 with heated seats and a remote start.
Jop View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 10 at 23:32
Couple of pics from my trip over to France last week - Excuse the fashionable orange gaffa tape covering a hole in the canvas...

Edited by Jop - 11 Aug 10 at 23:33
covdubber View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote covdubber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 10 at 09:47
i'm not a modern vw van fan as the driving wheels are in the wrong place :O)

but MRCO2 i think that looks spot on! wheel size the lot is nice!
i laugh at my own jokes cause there funny to me! i dont give a fck if you dont think they are

if your in the redline lol ya having a good time! lol ;P

deang View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 10 at 21:32
Hi I'm new here, just bought my first T3 today. Needs a bit of work but I couldn't be happier with it.
I know what I'm doing HONEST
Bigyin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigyin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 10 at 01:26
I have broken my pop top Cry

Forgot to close latches which hold it down and when I got to about 50mph the front lifted up with a bang and ripped the canvas from the roof. Lucky the whole thing didn't take off.

Have managed a temporary repair with gaffer tape, but next project is to fix it proper.

Anyone know where to buy suitable material ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>