The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Temp light flashing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Temp light flashing
    Posted: 25 Mar 18 at 20:39
Hi everyone,
I’m new to T3 motoring, my temp gauge goes up to about 3/4 on the dial and then my light starts flashing red, I have full coolant tanks and no leaks I don’t think, van runs ok just this flashing light scares me, it comes on about after 4 miles but if I have my fan on 3 speed and hot it stays off a little longer but still comes on flashing around 10 miles, is 3/4 on The gague ok??? Or too hot
Thanks for any help
mattm123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattm123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 18 at 11:37
I had an issue where my temp sensor never moved more than a smidge from the bottom of the guage. changed the sensor and all was well ( sitting in the middle of the guage).

It's quick and cheap to do and will rule out one of the posible issues

M
msabbasi View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msabbasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 18 at 14:21
As @mattm123 said you need to identify if you have a real heating issue or not. 

3/4 on the gauge with light flashing is DEFINITELY over hated. My van did the same thing with coolant boiling in the expansion bottle. I found that the issue was air lock in the system. One way I detect an air lock is to feel the radiator tank, if it is cool to the touch and the engine is HOT, there is an air lock for sure. 

Once I bled the air out of the system, all was well and the van ran cool. BTW, on my van the needle stays just on the left of the temp LED. As the van runs, As the van drives, the needle begins to cover the LED, and then goes back to the left of the LED as if the thermostat opens or fan comes on.
 Post Reply Post Reply