The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Talk to me about fuel tank senders......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beelzibus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Talk to me about fuel tank senders......
    Posted: 13 Jul 09 at 21:20
Please. Big smile

Where, how best accessed, and are they available new/used?
Many thanks.
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 09 at 21:29
not available new anymore. can be accessed from behind lhr wheel. there`s likely to be loads of dirt there so give it a good clean out before you pull out the sender.

mine is out atm getting fixed as the rtn pipe corroded badly.

lee.

Edited by ..lee.. - 13 Jul 09 at 21:29
Beelzibus View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beelzibus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 09 at 21:36
Lee thank you, so behind the wheel. Can I actually remove it if required without dropping the tank? Is it in the side of the tank or the top, I did have a quick look but didn't see anything obvious. There's some kind of reflective padding wrapped around  the ends I guess it's behind that is it?
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 09 at 21:44
comes out without moving the tank. make sure you lube the little nuts well that hold it in to the side of the tank and as i said clean thoroughly so you dont get cack in the tank when you pull it out.

syncrospares uk are back trading so i guess they`d be first call for a replacement. may have to get one myself save me robbing one of the doka.
Beelzibus View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beelzibus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 09 at 21:45
Marvelous, thanks very much.
Aidan View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aidan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 09 at 09:42
no longer available new from the fatherland through usual sources, so all those old tanks will now become sought after if they have a good sender inside still : )
Aidan Talbot, gearboxes for watercooled engines, 4, 5 speed and syncro front and rear rebuilt. 01691 648011, 07817 377938....www.aidantalbot.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply