The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tailgate perspex

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tailgate perspex
    Posted: 16 Feb 14 at 18:53
broken my tailgate Perspex window, where can I get a replacement?
DaveyP2004 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveyP2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 14 at 19:01
Ebay if your lucky or if you want a new one then Gunzl now sell them for a price:
http://www.vwbusshop.de/epages/GuenzlClassicParts.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/GuenzlClassicParts/Products/255070414B

or

http://www.vwbusshop.de/epages/GuenzlClassicParts.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/GuenzlClassicParts/Products/255070414F

Cheers,
Dave
(www.westfaliaT3.info)
JonnyAtlantic View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonnyAtlantic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 14 at 19:10
Just bought a new one from Gunzl €250 plus €85 to have it shipped to uk. I am having a tailgate refurb and replacing mine.

The original has bowed out on the inside and has some stress freacture marks on the inner skin. Was going to keep it for spares, but would sell for £100 if you want it. Might fix up ok. Better than a holed screen?

1990 Westfalia Atlantic 1.6TD - Pop Top
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonnyAtlantic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 14 at 19:11
Oops forgot to say mine is the grey one.
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonnyAtlantic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 14 at 19:12
I saw a few on German eBay but the price between that and new and getting the seller to post to uk and only seeing a few photos of condition made me bite the bullet and order from gunzl.
griffer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 14 at 19:19
wow, that's a very quick response, £100 is tempting but mine is a bronze :(
expected them to be expensive, may have to save, hole only in the outside Perspex skin, at the moment I have a fish bowl, :), actually fairly entertaining when driving.
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonnyAtlantic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 14 at 19:22
No problem. Looks like its a gaffer tape fix for now for you then!

The Bobdogs View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bobdogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 14 at 17:59
Mate of mine claimed off the glass cover on his insurance...they even came and fitted it for him! Might be worth making a call....
1980 Westy Joker Poptop
griffer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 14 at 19:29
ty, I might try that, not had to claim in many a year.......
The Bobdogs View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bobdogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 14 at 20:51
Will see him this weekend if you want me find out how he went about it...
1980 Westy Joker Poptop
griffer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 14 at 21:02
That would be excellent
barbelbob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbelbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 14 at 12:50
Westy Atlantic

1.6td 1990
AdrianC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 14 at 13:45
Originally posted by The Bobdogs The Bobdogs wrote:

Mate of mine claimed off the glass cover on his insurance...they even came and fitted it for him! Might be worth making a call....

We claimed for our hightop front double-glazed window the other year - it was actually legit, since a pigeon head-butted it at 60+mph... We ordered the window itself from Gunzl, and got a local 'screen fitter to fit it. The insurance were happy with that, and paid us back for both, including the delivery from Gunzl - less, of course, the excess.
Adrian & Ellie
Zookeeper of a miscellany of motoring silliness, from 0.75bhp to 9ft tall.
Living life on the road in an '88 2.1 Club Joker Hightop.
http://WhereverTheRoadGoes.com
lloydy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lloydy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 14 at 20:58
85 euro, wow! i just bought a bronze tailgate dg window off gunzle, only cost 21 euro postage. Hasnt turned up yet thoughLOL
16" syncro multivan
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonnyAtlantic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 14 at 10:51
Yep, I did the same online with Gunzl, paid via paypal, inc, €21 postage, they then emailed me saying the rear window was an international freight item incurring an extra cost of €65.52.
Had to pay really.  Where else can you get one?  At least it was very well packaged and arrived safely.

lloydy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lloydy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 14 at 18:05
how long was it between paying and then getting the email asking for more? Naughty if he does that really.
edit
just checked my account with him, says shipped on the 26th.. So fingers crossed......

Edited by lloydy - 31 Mar 14 at 18:09
16" syncro multivan
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 14 at 18:11
If you need something big like a window from Gunzl, we've tagged them onto other orders from Germany for customers before. 

We dont order that often, probably a decent sized order about once a month, so if youre not in any rush drop us a mail at sales@brickwerks.co.uk with what you need (part numbers ideally so there are no mix ups) and we can likely save a chunk on shipping...

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
lloydy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lloydy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 14 at 18:22
cheers, i'll try to remember thatThumbs Up
16" syncro multivan
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonnyAtlantic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 14 at 18:22
Received this within an hour of making my order:

Hello.

Tank you for your order.

The dispatch of the window can only be made with freight carrier. The shipping costs are 84,90 €.

So the rest is 65,52 € incl. fee for paying by Paypal.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Andrea Mamontow

Günzl Classic Parts
Am Sportfeld 3
D-64347 Griesheim

Tel.: +49 (0) 6155-608310
Fax.: +49 (0) 6155-6083115
E-mail: info@vwbusshop.de
Internet: www.vwbusshop.de

I'm obviously quite pissed off if I just got overcharged £50!

I did need the window within a week, as my van was in the paint shop and window needed to be fitted by them as soon as work was complete.

lloydy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lloydy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 14 at 18:30
i'll let you know if i get the additional charge 
16" syncro multivan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>