The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T5 Wheels onto T3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arbor-aero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T5 Wheels onto T3
    Posted: 29 Jan 18 at 20:44
I've some alloys from a T5 and want to fit them onto my T3?
I ordered some converters, but they were the wrong ones, this is quite the norm for me and I got confused with all the 115 and 130 stuff for sound alignment.
Can anybody help me get the correct spaces converters that ill need, please? 
The alloys and new wheels have been sitting in my garden for 3 years and they loook fucking great but not on the floor against me shed.

I'm getting there
Titus A Duxass View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus A Duxass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 18 at 05:15
Have a read here - https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/wheel-fitting/

The T5 should have LK120 and ET55 - so you'll need 112 to 120 converters and spacers of around 20-25mm.

You will have to check the clearance and centre bore though.

Edited by Titus A Duxass - 30 Jan 18 at 05:17
Bollocks to it all!!
51°24′N 12°52′E
arbor-aero View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arbor-aero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 18 at 07:17
Thank you Ducksass,
I"ve had the bore of the alloys opened up to fit over the shaft. Thats one thing I've done right, only after i'd had them powder coated!
I'll check out them there on the link you forwarded and let you know.

Nice 1
I'm getting there
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arbor-aero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 18 at 11:48
Brickwerks do not supply them
I'm getting there
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus A Duxass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 18 at 14:10
H & R do.
Bollocks to it all!!
51°24′N 12°52′E
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 18 at 19:58
generic adaptors of the ebay chap... what size wheels you got and how wide are they? might alter your offsets ti fit under arches....
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 18 at 23:14
Dont buy Cheap adaptors 
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arbor-aero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 18 at 19:44
The wheels are 16" 205 with 45 tyres.

I'm getting there
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 18 at 23:15
Check your offset and centre bore Thumbs Up
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arbor-aero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 18 at 17:52
The centre bore I've had seemed out to 1mm over the shaft as for the onset is this the 4jj?

I'm getting there
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus A Duxass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 18 at 05:16
No your offset should be written/embossed on the inside of the rim - it should be about 55 and will be written as ET55.

If you read the page that I linked to in my first reply you will have a better idea.
Bollocks to it all!!
51°24′N 12°52′E
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arbor-aero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 18 at 09:51
The ET is either 51 or 40, theres a number either side of the ET. TH 51 is to the rim side of the ET. The centre bore is 64mm.

The link you gave linked me to the basic t3 items listing on Brickwerks and there no adaptors?
I'm getting there
BeJay View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 18 at 10:52

arbor-aero have a look at   THIS 
NIL ILLIGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arbor-aero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 18 at 14:18
Thanks Bj for that link.

I'm still confusedConfused Whats the offset of the T3 require?

I'm getting there
BeJay View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 18 at 16:29
 I think the standard offset on a T3 is ET30 but double check before you order any spacers/PCD converters.
NIL ILLIGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus A Duxass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 18 at 05:22
Taken from the Wheeling fitting page

ET - meaning "Einpresstiefe" in German, this translated as "Insertion depth", or literally translated means back spacing. ET is the measurement from the bolt face of the wheel to the centre-line of the wheel. This measurement is crucial on a T3, get it wrong and your van will not be a nice vehicle to drive and you will forever be scrubbing tyres.
On a T3 you want to achieve an ET of around 30 to 36 ish. Standard wheels drop within this range. The rear isn't usually a problem but the front is. If you dip below 30 then the further away you get the heavier your steering will become, the more likely it will be to "tram-line" meaning the van doesn't want to do anything other than go in straight lines and the inside of the tyres will scrub. Dipping below 30 a little won't really matter too much but when you get down to say ET23 then weird things happen. See fig 1.

Bollocks to it all!!
51°24′N 12°52′E
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arbor-aero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 18 at 13:32
Thats explaied alot thanks TD.

So, if the T3 is ET30 and i have ET50 wheels! The difference is 20mm. Dose this mean I need spacers of 20mm?

I'm getting there
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus A Duxass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 18 at 16:13
Yes.
But as always it's not as simple as that.
20mm is the theoretical but.......you need to assess the clearance before buying the spacers.
Bollocks to it all!!
51°24′N 12°52′E
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arbor-aero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 18 at 19:42
We could get reaching climax soon.

And where is the clearance and how would I detect it? 
I'm getting there
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus A Duxass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 18 at 05:13
Go to the Help & Support page on the Brickwerks website - https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/support/ 
On there you will find a thread called Wheel Fitting Help (https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/wheel-fitting/)
And on here there is also a massive sub forum called T3 Wheel Help - http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/t3-wheel-help_forum20.html 

Read those and you will probably find all the info that you need. It is right there in front of you if you LOOK.
Bollocks to it all!!
51°24′N 12°52′E
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>